The suspense is killing me! (I have the patience of a gnat on crack)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salty_dog_68

Reaction score
It is already to hot ferment in the hallway of my house here in Florida. So, I ordered my STC-1000 the first of April. I found my craigslist freezer and now I am waiting, and waiting, still no sign of this temp controller after two weeks...argh!

The object of life is not to arrive at the grave intact and with a well preserved body...but rather to skid in sideways, beaten up and broken down, screaming, "holy ****! What a ride!"

whew... I thought reading the title you were talking about beer fermenting - and wanting to rack / bottle / drink it way too soon.
I've always said the hardest thing for a brewer to learn is patience... and that goes for ordering stuff as well as actually brewing it.
That said, have you contacted the seller? Do you have a tracking number? can you contact the shipping co (UPS / FedEx / USPostal?)

When I ordered the STC-1000 the cheapest one that I chose came from China. It took about three weeks but it finally arrived! I understand your frustration!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Weird- I ordered one from China as well on ebay, and it showed up in 4 days- I don't understand. It takes 5 days to get something from Denver.

If you have amazon prime you should have got it on amazon. 2 day shipping or upgrade to 1 day for like 2$.

In the meantime, if you are sitting on a freezer and not temp control, why not use blocks of ice or gallon jugs of ice in with the carboy inside the unplugged freezer. It's not going to be exact but it will let you brew something more than a saison

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I always try to order from Amazon because I have prime membership . Free two day shipping is well worth that 99 bucks I think is what it is now . I get my money back plus extra and I get to watch all that TV content to boot . Bought my Johnson controller and had it in a few days .
Ferment your beer in the bath tub full of cold water until you get it . Just remember the bucket will float so you need some weight on top so it does not tip over and well you know the rest of the story . Works well . I have done it many times . I have also used a large 10 dollar plastic bin from Dollar General for this .

Weird- I ordered one from China as well on ebay, and it showed up in 4 days- I don't understand. It takes 5 days to get something from Denver.

That is because they sent it to New York then California then Nevada and then to you .

sounds like my first brew back in february.

my temp controller came in way too late when I was carbing my first batch in the keg, so I kept plugging in and unplugging the freezer throughout the week. the beer would freeze in the line, get hot, etc., etc.

Still turned out great... by my standards at least. :p

Ticebain, I'm with you. I couldn't help myself and brew a batch of milk chocolate stout on Sunday. I put the carboy in the unplugged freezer and did a little experiment. I have found that if I swap out one average sized cooler pack every 12 hours it keeps the temp right in the range of 67-69deg. Perfect. It will do for now. Of course, later on, I will need the temp control to cold crash and lager. Thanks for the suggestion.

The object of life is not to arrive at the grave intact and with a well preserved body...but rather to skid in sideways, beaten up and broken down, screaming, "holy ****! What a ride!"

Back