The slow decline of Founders Brewing, is it true or just a myth?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is Founders slowly declining as a brewery?

• Sure is

Votes: 35 22.9%
  • Maybe, but no real evidence to support that claim

Votes: 30 19.6%
  • No way

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Other breweries are just better now

Votes: 67 43.8%

• Total voters
This year's Backwoods Bastard is so good that I'm not going to even read this entire thread.

So good.

I'm very happy to hear that as the last two years were mediocre. If it's as good as you say I may forgive Founders for the atrocity that was KBS this year.

I'm very happy to hear that as the last two years were mediocre. If it's as good as you say I may forgive Founders for the atrocity that was KBS this year.

There was one batch in recent years that blew my mind....want to say it was the 2011? Maybe the 2012?

In any event, it had this pseudo BB4D quality to it. Very rich, plenty of barrel presence and a bit of grapey-ness that vintage BB4D often exhibits.

I find this year's to be well inline with those qualities.

I'm now hoarding.

There was one batch in recent years that blew my mind....want to say it was the 2011? Maybe the 2012?

In any event, it had this pseudo BB4D quality to it. Very rich, plenty of barrel presence and a bit of grapey-ness that vintage BB4D often exhibits.

I find this year's to be well inline with those qualities.

I'm now hoarding.
Oooohh....I might have to get some then! I was going to pass because of last year.

Well, I can confirm that this year's Backwoods is ****ing awesome. Just fantastic. Had a bottle tonight and it's perfect. Much better than I remember last year's batch tasting fresh. This is another (like KBS) that I think is best fresh. Although age is great to Backwoods too.

Dammit I just love this beer.

Well, I can confirm that this year's Backwoods is ****ing awesome. Just fantastic. Had a bottle tonight and it's perfect. Much better than I remember last year's batch tasting fresh. This is another (like KBS) that I think is best fresh. Although age is great to Backwoods too.

Dammit I just love this beer.
Yup...did a comparison between last year and this year. 2014 is richer and lingers on the palate, with a lot of barrel. 2013 is nice enough but it seems thinner and the barrel isn't as present.

Latest posts

Back