The Rules of Homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personal rules:

Always cook when you brew

Anyone who shows up during a brew day for any reason is a friend.

Feed your friends :mug:

Last brew day the Mormon missionaries were making rounds through the apartment complex where I live at school. Invited them up for brauts despite the fact that I despise being preached to. Turns out they were very nice and just kinda shot the **** with us.

Rule # Eleventy-Two: Don't be your worst critic, otherwise you won't sleep. .

Also, Gluten Free beer is beer too!! lol just had to add that.

BUMPETY BUMP BUMP!!!!!

RULE #larry johnson
Dont Fake The Funk on a Nasty Dunkel! :D

Ok, RULE #Twelvedy-Three
Don't ever steal the first sip off of another mans beer!

Rule "the world"

We are not supporting football teams here. "Too hoppy" or "Too Malty" are just personal taste preferences. There is no reason to stamp all over someone's head until he likes what you like. (Unless you find you are at a soccer match, in that case it is normal, have at it)

Rule # whatever.

DON'T BREW BEER LIKE THIS GUY. :D

bumbrewerne2.jpg

This guy is too much. His series of videos were the first ones I ever saw when I started homebrewing. And, even being a noob, I knew I shouldn't do what he was doing.

DON'T BREW BEER LIKE THIS GUY.

Don't dress like this guy, either. :cross:

And a semi-real one...

Style Guidelines are only guidelines. Your beer can be whatever you want it to be.

I run a training kitchen in a recovery center for folks with chronic mental illness. Two rules for our kitchen:
1) Be safe! Proper food safety and personal safety with sharp/hot/heavy
2) Have Fun! We make food and feed people, that's just awesome, so enjoy the experience.

I think it fits well in my home brewery with kids around and non-brewers stopping by to ask why I'm cooking so many turkeys. Keep safety in mind all the time, but above all, remeber, this is BEER, Enjoy!!!!

Rule N+1: If you know the One True Way to do something, don't be surprised if people smirk.

Rule #>?

Always rinse out your bottles after you drink your beer and turn them over to dry. This will save you tons of time washing/scrubbing bottles on bottling day.

Rule e^(i*pi())+1:

Brewing is a craft. Like any other craft, there are many ways for the craftsman to express him (or her) self. There is more than one path to any given goal, and most of the paths are the right way. In other words, there's more than one way to do it, and my way is probably no better or worse than yours.

Back