The Poo discussion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Organic foods are made according to certain production standards. The use of conventional non-organic pesticides, insecticides and herbicides is greatly restricted and avoided as a last resort. However, contrary to popular belief, certain non-organic fertilisers are still used. If livestock are involved, they must be reared without the routine use of antibiotics and without the use of growth hormones, and generally fed a healthy diet. In most countries, organic produce may not be genetically modified.

^
That's what wikipedia has to say, and I think it fits better with the marketing definition of organic.

You see. This is what happens when people try to redefine a word. For marketing no less. It's like the temper of a red head, They are short and explosive, so to be nicer we say they are firecrackers or they are little firey. No offense to red heads, Half my family fits into that category, but lets be honest. We just say that so possible relations are not scared away. Marketing! If people knew what they were getting into there wouldn't be so many issues.

Rant

yes, and it's a danger. If they just would have given the pigs their flu shot instead of making them "organic" we wouldn't have this scare that has gotten blown way out of proportion. 109 confirmed cases in the US with 1 death out of approximately 307,000,000 people in the US. That's 0.000000355% of the population and I have friends who won't take their kids into public, but they also buy only "organic". Coincidence?

EDIT: Yes I am aware the inoculation for the human influenza virus would have done absolutely nothing to prevent this outbreak as they are not the same strain of flu.

It's composted manure. Tell me this wing nut ain't just dropping his kids off at the hop garden.

At work, we process waste water (from your toilet and every other drain in your house- sewerage it is) into clean water. We put that water into a local river. You can best believe, some of that makes it back to your tap. Our sludge (the stuff we extract from the waste water) is used on road sides and "agricultural applications".

Eat **** and die. Eat, **** and die. Either way, it's both ways. CHEERS! :tank:

It's composted manure. Tell me this wing nut ain't just dropping his kids off at the hop garden.

At work, we process waste water (from your toilet and every other drain in your house- sewerage it is) into clean water. We put that water into a local river. You can best believe, some of that makes it back to your tap. Our sludge (the stuff we extract from the waste water) is used on road sides and "agricultural applications".

Eat **** and die. Eat, **** and die. Either way, it's both ways. CHEERS! :tank:

Exactly.

Gotta love those recycled pesticides and pharmaceuticals that end up in our drinking water.

Oh, man. Drugs in the water. We find pills in our screens that we can still read the names and doses on. Most times more destroyed than that but, no doubt they are pills. Little colored plastic street drug baggies, sometimes with drugs still in them. Syringes. And the condoms! Enough to latex the whole world. You know a lot of those have spermicide on them.

Me and another dude are going to start a business selling field tested condoms, absorbency proven tampons with free applicators and recycled corn on the cob.

Exactly.

Gotta love those recycled pesticides and pharmaceuticals that end up in our drinking water.

You do realize that 99% of the pharmaceuticals found in the water supply are the by products of human use, and not agricultural use?

Don't believe everything Pelosi ant those other anti-agriculture dips out there are spewing...

You do realize that 99% of the pharmaceuticals found in the water supply are the by products of human use, and not agricultural use?

Don't believe everything Pelosi ant those other anti-agriculture dips out there are spewing...

I never said pharmaceuticals in the water had anything to do with agricultural.

Oh, man. Drugs in the water. We find pills in our screens that we can still read the names and doses on. Most times more destroyed than that but, no doubt they are pills. Little colored plastic street drug baggies, sometimes with drugs still in them. Syringes. And the condoms! Enough to latex the whole world. You know a lot of those have spermicide on them.

Me and another dude are going to start a business selling field tested condoms, absorbency proven tampons with free applicators and recycled corn on the cob.

Dude...I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

Wow! I leave for the weekend and DeathBrewer gets grossed out. Although the whole reused condom thing takes recycling a little to far.

Wow! I leave for the weekend and DeathBrewer gets grossed out. Although the whole reused condom thing takes recycling a little to far.

What? Those are single use? :drunk:I thought that would be the "green" thing to do, you know, reuse recycle.... ;)

What? Those are single use? :drunk:I thought that would be the "green" thing to do, you know, reuse recycle.... ;)

Where do the lambskin condoms fit in there? Shouldn't they be bio-degradable. Or you can do the more responsible thing and make her swallow.

Unless the poo comes from an unaltered animal that was fed organic food and has never been treated with antibiotics, it ain't organic.

wow.... talk about an interesting read....

that's like deciding you are going to take a walk to the corner store via the entire southern hemisphere.

It was a theoretical discussion on the origins of organic and inorganic feces. Quite intriguing if you really sink your teeth into it....not literally of course, that would just be gross

Back