the new BYO -may/june - last page

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alembic

Reaction score
Hey old timers on HBT,

I just received my latest BYO mag and the last page featured an article about a marine homebrewer from Guam whose last name is Cruz.

I'll say no more.

:drunk:

Pumbaa said:
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

Don't you hate that. So, do you spit it out or do you suck it up and swallow it?

Kinda like doing CPR before intubation. :D

swallow (even thoughI know you all will have a feild day with that) and I dont do rescue breathing before intubation unless a bag vaulve mask is present . . . most people I know, know better then to die with me around when I'm off duty

I want to see the article. Can you scan it?

AleHole said:
I read the article...what am I missing here? Just don't get what your talking about

Semper Fi bitches, Semper Fi

Its Dude's best friend who is stationed in Guam

Haha, that's great. I just read through every thread I could find on that guy--sure seems like him. Someone should write to BYO and tell them that their interviewee is a little...well...:drunk:

lol... wonder if he has corrected his evil ways... dose BYO interview in Europe i think there's another HBT exile they should see....

Well, there are now three current or former HBT'ers with magazine features in the past year... we're one away from another Papazian category!

Just got mine in the mail yesterday. Can't say for sure that it is him, but it sure seems likely. Anyone else get theirs yet?

everyone gets theirs, I probably won't see this issue for another two months.

I sometimes end up reading the issue at the bookstore, and then finally receive it at home when the next issue is being released to the bookstores. at least I get to archive it lol

Rhoobarb said:
Just got mine in the mail yesterday. Can't say for sure that it is him, but it sure seems likely. Anyone else get theirs yet?

is he brewing on a BrewMagic system?

Chimone said:
is he brewing on a BrewMagic system?

Yes, or at least standing next to one. No proof he actually uses the thing, although his daughter is in one of the vessels. Maybe it doubles as a bath.

Brewpastor said:
Yes, or at least standing next to one. No proof he actually uses the thing, although his daughter is in one of the vessels. Maybe it doubles as a bath.

here is his avatar from B3 forums

IMG_3603.jpg

Pumbaa said:
Self submission I believe

I wanted the swag so I call them to see if they might be interested, and the rest is history. Last Call is often reader submitted as well. I got a mug, t-shirt, three free issues but not the cool euro BYO sticker.

I wasn't around for the incident involving him, but I heard it was a doozy. Too bad I let my damned BYO subscription lapse.

Brewpastor said:
That's our man.
Yep, definitely him! To read the article and then think back to some of his posts, there is a real Jekyll & Hyde thing going on with him.

Back