the most you ever paid for beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$20 for a bomber of 2014 La Folie. $13 for a bottle of Consecration.

But hey, discount that by the cost of buying a sour ale culture if you use the dregs... (Except for La Folie :()

It must have been 8.50 EUR for a Schneider Weisse Aventinus at a bar in Tampere, Finland. I am not a big spender when it comes to beer. If I see a bar where the cheapest beer is 9 EUR, then I'll be drinking water.

$7.51 for an 11.5 OZ bottle of St. Remy Rochefort 10 Trappist Ale.

The very first Belgium Beer I have ever liked and the most expensive beer I have ever purchased. My SWMBO was not pleased, not pleased at all.

Really? Have you never been to a professional sporting event? I just paid 9 dollars for a 16 oz draft of bud at a Pirates game. And followed that up with a $11 24 oz yuengling in the 4th inning. I was pretty damn disappointed after that night (considering the wife drank just as much). Could have got a nice case of beer for the $40 we spent on crap.

$24 for The Bruery White Oak. I am pretty sure I overpaid.

Yeah, you overpaid. I'm pretty sure the one in my cellar cost $13. However, I paid $22 for this year's La Folie, and I've seen it at least $4 cheaper elsewhere, so don't beat yourself up.

That said, was it good? I haven't opened mine yet.

Yeah, you overpaid. I'm pretty sure the one in my cellar cost $13. However, I paid $22 for this year's La Folie, and I've seen it at least $4 cheaper elsewhere, so don't beat yourself up.

That said, was it good? I haven't opened mine yet.

I don't think I've drank it and it is hugely possible I gave it away. :eek:
Now since that date, I paid $40 for White Chocolate by the Bruery. The sour (infected) batch. The one of two I've had was a glorious sour.

$216 (incl tax) for Utopias PLUS a 3 hours drive EACH WAY to pick it up.

Dropping $25+ on bottles doesn't usually happen but if they are under $20, all bets are off. I think I have a problem when it comes to buying beer.

Currently trying to secure a keg of La Folie...should be epic if I can pull it off...and expensive.

I don't think I've drank it and it is hugely possible I gave it away. :eek:
Now since that date, I paid $40 for White Chocolate by the Bruery. The sour (infected) batch. The one of two I've had was a glorious sour.

I just bought my second (third, if you count the one that was happily consumed) Tart of Darkness this afternoon. $19. What can you do?

I've stopped buying anything from The Bruery becuase they're always more expensive than they're worth.

I'll be racking up the tab on pricy beer tomorrow. Zwanze Day n such.

I bought a $9 bomber of Oak Aged Yeti once. Paid $12 for a 4 pack of 90 minute. Pretty sure I dropped $5 on a single 12 oz. in a mixed six from Central Market, but I can't remember what beer that was, at all. I won't spend more than that, ever.

None of these compare to the time I paid $12 for a 16 oz. plastic bottle of Miller Lite at a concert.

Lost a football pool here this year. Cost $50 to ship a bomber to Texas. The guy never said if it arrived or not.

I'd never spend that on a beer for myself. Too cheap.

I cant remember anything that stands out as the most expensive. Probably > $12 for 750mls of things. $50+ for cases of barleywines, etc. I try and forget those things- I like veer and you can't take it with you. (It being money and beer)

I recent history paid $50 for a growler or something in SC. The beer had a funny name and was excellent and ginger flavored. I wish for the life of me I could remember what it was. But it came in a $45 hydroflask growler, so it was a hell of a deal!

Edit: frothy beard zingiber.... Soooo good

I bought a case of Chimay grand reserve in 750ml bottles this past December $160ish(if you know Chimay you know what that it was worth it) and a $35 bottle of Guiness 1759 also.

I paid 9 dollars for a Miller Light at a Nascar Race once. It was 94 degrees out and the stands were all aluminum. I would have given 20 bucks for it at the time...
For a real beer I paid 12.95 for a bottle of Chimay once.

$25 for a 750ml of Love Child 3, then again for LC4. Bought a few of each, shared with friends.
Paid the same for a bomber of Firestone 18th anniversary, traded it to a friend for a Prairie Wine Noir and a 4 Hands Volume 1.

I don't get it..
What's so unusual about pouring beer outta a dead squirrel?

duling.png

Latest posts

Back