the most you ever paid for beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$30 for a bomber of Dark Lord. I still haven't drank it to determine if it was worth the investment.

I also attempted (unsuccessfully) to buy one of those Westy XII bricks that came out a while back. What were those, like $125?

Just spent $20 on one bottle of Goose Island Lolita. Special release of three sisters. Opening it tonight for our anniversary.

Side note: I spent an extra $12 for a mix and match six pack for all of the pr-anniversary festivities.

$30 for a bomber of Dark Lord. I still haven't drank it to determine if it was worth the investment.

I also attempted (unsuccessfully) to buy one of those Westy XII bricks that came out a while back. What were those, like $125?

If I recall correctly, it was $84.99 plus tax. I think it ended up at $90 and change for me.

25 or something like that for Chimay's Cent CInquente or whatever their 150 anniversary ale was. That was the most for a single beer. Most expensive beer purchase was one time I bought a case of 90 minute for like 60 bucks.

Recently I haven't bought too much expensive ales. I think the last one I bought that was 10 bucks a bottle or more was Brookyln's 25th Anniversary Lager.

My sister's boyfriend just got a bottle of Sam Adams' 2013 Utopia... at the low low price of $180, approximately $20 less than Sam Adams' suggested $199/bottle. I don't know if a more expensive beer exists.

Don't know who would pay for it but Hair of the Dog's Dave sells for $2000 if I'm not mistaken.

Around 200 for a utopias (2012 I believe), 45 for a bourbon county rare, and 30 for baller stout. Those were the highest, a bunch under 30 though.

$110 for six pack of Sapporo's space beer, from barley grown on the international space station. It was'nt worth it.

$22 for a 12 oz 2009 Dogfish Head World Wide Stout in 2011.

I know this isn't beer, but back in October, I went on a business trip and made the mistake of going to the hotel bar. I offered to buy a round for everyone and we ordered 6 grey goose vodka tonics. The total was over $120. I had enough cash to pay though. Didn't want to put that one on the credit card so my wife would never know. What a ripoff. Lesson learned...

As far as I can remember it was the $25 (that includes tax) for each bottle of Brooklyn Black Ops.

Though I think I once had someone buy me some beer for $30 at the Flying Saucer because I just graduated (yea don't remember which beer).

In a single purchase: today, $88 for 7 bottles of Jester King and Prairie. (Honorable mentions to 3 bottles of Black Ops ($75; but two were for other people) and 9 sixers of Deschutes Hop Trip last winter ($80)).

$14 US for a pint of Guinness at the bar between arrivals and Passport control in the Dubai airport. 5 months without a beer also made it the best barley pop ever to pass my lips.
The one time I was in NYC (work trip to NJ, so it was only for the afternoon), I had a Sam Adams something for $15+tip at some swanky hotel bar. Terrible decision, but the guy who took us there spent $35 on a glass of scotch (which I know the bottle normally costs $45).

$7.99 for a 12 pack of Rolling Rock.....just kidding...hahaha. $50.00 for a Growler of Chimay.

chillin on my throne

$7.99 for 8oz Sam Adams Triple Bock. $13 for 20 oz Sam Adams Chocolate Stout. $14 for 4, 12 oz bottles of Dragons Milk.

Yes dragons milk is very good. Recommend drinking no more than one per evening though, kind of like martinis one is good two is too many.

I just bought two way overpriced beers. One Stone's Crime, which I was gauged for $25 ( I know it sucks) Rouge's XS imperial ale $15, it was in a cool bottle so I bought it (It's good, just not $15 good) :eek:

In 1978 my friends and I would regularly pay $6.00 for 6 BMC. We lived in a dry county and never knew what we would get. Just handed over the money and got whatever the local bootlegger had.

Can't imagine paying over 20.00 for 6 hot buds today.

£25 (41USD at current rate) on a 4 year whiskey cask aged stout from Brewdog. It was called Tokyo Rising sun.

:drunk:I spent $60 on a six pack of westy 12s with 2 chalices (both smashed when I got them) shipped straight from Belgium.

Spent $18AUD on a 500ml "Sail & Anchor Changing Tides Barley-Wine Ale". Gotta love beer prices down here.
Not a bad brew, but 7/8ths are still in the bottle. I really enjoy very strong/distinct drinks, but think I've found my limit at barley-wines haha.

Last year when I won the football pool at work I splurged and bought the $100 3L bottle of double bastard to share with my buddies on super bowl sunday

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

I believe close to $25

Sent from a red Solo cup with string connected......

1392687121924.jpg

$60 for cable car, and $40 for DDG. Utopias is good, but not $180 good. I would easily pay $75 for it though.

$7.51 for an 11.5 OZ bottle of St. Remy Rochefort 10 Trappist Ale.

The very first Belgium Beer I have ever liked and the most expensive beer I have ever purchased. My SWMBO was not pleased, not pleased at all.

Not exactly what was being requested in this thread but seems to fit as wel. When I was first exposing myself to sours I bought a duchesse de bourgogne and a Petrus Aged Pale as well as a mixed 6 of random other beers just in case I wasn't a fan. When I was rung up I saw that my bill was over $16,000. Turns out the cashier had put in that I bought several hundred bottles of one of them.

Paid $26 for 4-pack of 12oz of GI Bourbon County and $25 on some sour, don't remember brewery name or brew name because I honestly felt like dumping all but the first sip. Given that I paid $25 for it I struggled through 3/4 of the bottle then gave up. Ended up with a sweet ass looking bottle I can re-use though.

I've paid a good bit for some bottles but so far, *knocks on wood* I haven't had one I didn't think was worth it.

Recently $70 for a bottle of 2012 Beire de Norma from Hill Farmstead. I also got a 2013 bottle of it as well. I've paid $25-30 for some good sours. I'll pay that for a brew like that. I have a harder time paying that much for anything else. Including barrel aged beers. Although I do sometimes.

Now that I think about it does $220 for a half barrel of Coors Light count? Because that's what our reception hall charged for one for our wedding and we went through 4 of them

Spent $35 on a 6er of Bhuddha. Essentially I just bought it for the bottles. Beer wasn't worth it.

Single bottle would probably $18 on a bottle of Sophie. After I started brewing I've found it harder to spend the cost for a single bottle that I could spend to brew 5 or 10 gallons.

$50 for a westy 12
$38 for a Rodenbach 2011 Vintage
$17 for a pint of IPA is dead
$38 for a Nail Hughe Dunn Brown

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Spent $35 on a 6er of Bhuddha. Essentially I just bought it for the bottles. Beer wasn't worth it.

Single bottle would probably $18 on a bottle of Sophie. After I started brewing I've found it harder to spend the cost for a single bottle that I could spend to brew 5 or 10 gallons.

I've got some of those Buddha bottles. You're talking about those green Lucky Buddha Beer bottles? I had no idea they were worth that much. I love them.

EDIT: I just looked them up, a "re-purposed" Lucky Bhudda beer bottle (Essentially an empty bottle with a olive oil pour spout) is going for 12 bucks on ebay, and a single empty bottle is $3.00.

$30 for a 750mL bottle of Civil Disobedience #10 from Hill Farmstead (I bought my maximum of 2).

I enjoyed the first one immensely. Even tipped the bottle and let the very last drip collect in a glass.

I am thinking of giving the second bottle to a friend who will appreciate it slightly more than i did.

I spent 25 bucks on a 1 ounce pour of Sam Adam's utopias once. It was good but idk if i'd ever do it again.

Back