The Misfits Of Brewing Science

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just stopping in to thank Bobby for the invite and hospitality for the brew day. It was great to meet everyone for the few hours I was there. Hopefully next time I'll be able to stay for the day and bring some of my beginners beer for everyone.

~Greg Dillehay

Just throwing it out there, I have a 5 gallon glass carboy, stopper, airlock, and handle that I don't need. I have it up on CL for 30 bucks. If anyone in here wants it I'll do 25. It can be picked up in Spring Hill or (with 24 hrs notice) in Nashville at All Seasons.

PM if interested.

(disclaimer: if this is against the rules, let me know. Just following suit of some other folks in here.)

Goin to get the ballocks now.
Never_Mind_the_Bollocks.jpg

Hey guys I just wanted to toot my own horn for a minute and let u all know that I had 1 of my beers advance to the final round of NHC. My hoppy amber ale finished 3rd in the American ale category and 1st among ambers in the Atlanta region. I will be rebrewing it this weekend so that the fresh version is judged in the final round

Who besides Jim brought an Ipa to Bobby's for the hop pick up? There were too many different beers going around its hard to keep track of who brought what.

My hoppy red recipe is as follows:
7gallon batch
14# Maris otter
1.25# c-40
1.25# Munich 8.5L
9.6oz c-120
9.6 oz victory
5.6oz pale chocolate
Hops
1/2oz each centennial and Amarillo @20 min
1oz each centennial and Amarillo @10 min
1oz each centennial and Amarillo @0 min

60 min boil. Whirlpool hot for 15 min after flameout. Then chill.

Us-05 yeast.

J-Malone said:
My hoppy red recipe is as follows:
7gallon batch
14# Maris otter
1.25# c-40
1.25# Munich 8.5L
9.6oz c-120
9.6 oz victory
5.6oz pale chocolate
Hops
1/2oz each centennial and Amarillo @20 min
1oz each centennial and Amarillo @10 min
1oz each centennial and Amarillo @0 min

60 min boil. Whirlpool hot for 15 min after flameout. Then chill.

Us-05 yeast.

Sounds delicious.

Did any of you get to go to the air show in Smyrna. I did and had an ABSOLUTE blast. Got to see the good ole B1 fly. Man I miss that plane. Worked on it for 6 years while I was in. Anyways just wanted to see if any of you were there. I should have asked before I was just way too jacked up when I heard the B1 was gonna do a fly by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oznu0Pzk8Vc&feature=youtu.be

7185477726_6cc55fc222_b.jpg

7185478044_a35951c743_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody use Beersmith? They had an update today that lets you store and share recipes on their cloud. It seems pretty useful. My username is the same on there if any of you are using it.

mcnewcp said:
Does anybody use Beersmith? They had an update today that lets you store and share recipes on their cloud. It seems pretty useful. My username is the same on there if any of you are using it.

I use Beersmith but haven't installed the new update yet.

Latest posts

Back