The Misfits Of Brewing Science

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maffewl said:
Sorry Marc, Dave got in touch with me this morning... I believe he is going to buy it. However, if not, you will be the first to know.

No problem, if it falls through just holler

Anybody know where I can pick up a 5lb tank on the cheap? I've been checking CL, but I'm not sure what category people usually post them under. Household?

I just realized I never posted any pics of the new keezer build:

477186_10150869763302729_759637728_12762782_423208451_o.jpg

Running PBW through all the taps prior to the first run (with a rinse and star-san after that, of course).

bernerbrau said:
I just realized I never posted any pics of the new keezer build:

Running PBW through all the taps prior to the first run (with a rinse and star-san after that, of course).

You stole YOPPER's license plate? You stalker.

You stole YOPPER's license plate? You stalker.

Yes, well, ever since the restraining order it's all I've got...

Actually my wife's from the Upper Peninsula ("U.P.-er" = "yooper") as well. She's had that for years. Used to display it in her rear windshield until a cop pulled us over and told her it was illegal to do that.

So anyone deal with a house lacto bug? Because after multiple bad batches and a recent infection on 2 lagers at the exact same time that's what I'm starting to suspect.

I do grind where I brew, so I'm going to stop that. Meanwhile I'm gonna bleach everything, shop vac the whole garage, and replace my hoses, autosiphon, buckets and BBs. Maybe my beer lines too?

Hey there, anybody know who the guy on Nashville Craigslist with the cornies is? I need a single spare Pin Lock if anyone is holding...

searchtempest.com enjoy a MUCH better way to search craigslist. i always look for:

keg
corny
cornie
soda
homebrew
brewing

Oh yeah, looking for another regulator too.

Mid State Brew Crew meeting tomorrow @ Liquid Smoke in the Boro-3PM if you want to swing by and try any of our swill:D

Oh yeah, looking for another regulator too.

Mid State Brew Crew meeting tomorrow @ Liquid Smoke in the Boro-3PM if you want to swing by and try any of our swill:D

SON OF A B! I was in the boro @ 3 today and would have loved some swill! if only i'd checked the forum earlier!

Any of you Tennessee Red Wing fans, I challenge you to a bet. Preds vs. Red Wings, loser of the series has to buy the winner a six pack, or bomber, or whatever beer of the winner's choice not to exceed $20.

Any takers?

Well mother nature is still F in with us. Lucky we only got down to 35 last night. Me and the wife raided the linen closet and covered every plant we could. I mulched over the 6 rhizome plants and wrapped the 8 other hops(ranging 3" to over 3') in towels and blankets. They're predicting a low of 31 here tonight, so we will do it all over again. I need to figure out a better way to protect my apple tree(15'X15' basically). It has 100's of baby apples. I was thinking about getting some giant plastic tarp of sorts and maybe even using my old turkey fryer underneath to push some heat up in there during the coldest period early morning. Any other ideas?

Well mother nature is still F in with us. Lucky we only got down to 35 last night. Me and the wife raided the linen closet and covered every plant we could. I mulched over the 6 rhizome plants and wrapped the 8 other hops(ranging 3" to over 3') in towels and blankets. They're predicting a low of 31 here tonight, so we will do it all over again. I need to figure out a better way to protect my apple tree(15'X15' basically). It has 100's of baby apples. I was thinking about getting some giant plastic tarp of sorts and maybe even using my old turkey fryer underneath to push some heat up in there during the coldest period early morning. Any other ideas?

Exactly why I live in the woods with no grass or landscaping to speak of, that and i'm lazy. I pulled 2 of the old lady's jade plants in last night, that's all the greenery we have here.

I hope the apple trees are ok, I love me some apples.

Yeah, I didn't do a thing to my Nugget bine. Didn't know about the frost until after it happened. Damn thing is 66 inches already; I really hope it survives this little cold spell.

I also planted 2 Cascade rhizomes last weekend to replace the Perle that died on me last year, so I'm hoping the frost hasn't killed it already.

Yeah, I didn't do a thing to my Nugget bine. Didn't know about the frost until after it happened. Damn thing is 66 inches already; I really hope it survives this little cold spell.

I also planted 2 Cascade rhizomes last weekend to replace the Perle that died on me last year, so I'm hoping the frost hasn't killed it already.

I transplanted my cascades rhizomes (2), and they are doing great. But when I moved the centennial and the willamette, they appear to have not taken too well to the transplant and havent come up. I ordered new rhizomes this year from Nikobrew and they just came in yesterday. I am putting out 2 more cascade, 2 centennial, 2 chinnook and 3 Zeus (I ordered 2 magnum, but they informed me that the magnum supply was not good an they replaced them with 3 zeus). I have heard good things about the Zeus around here and all the other varieties are pretty good warm weather growers so i am hoping to get them in the ground and see what happens.

I did cover the cascades I have in the ground last night late once I heard there was a frost warning....wheew!

maffewl said:
Any of you Tennessee Red Wing fans, I challenge you to a bet. Preds vs. Red Wings, loser of the series has to buy the winner a six pack, or bomber, or whatever beer of the winner's choice not to exceed $20.

Any takers?

This Red Wings fan says you're on!

J-Malone said:
I transplanted my cascades rhizomes (2), and they are doing great. But when I moved the centennial and the willamette, they appear to have not taken too well to the transplant and havent come up. I ordered new rhizomes this year from Nikobrew and they just came in yesterday. I am putting out 2 more cascade, 2 centennial, 2 chinnook and 3 Zeus (I ordered 2 magnum, but they informed me that the magnum supply was not good an they replaced them with 3 zeus). I have heard good things about the Zeus around here and all the other varieties are pretty good warm weather growers so i am hoping to get them in the ground and see what happens.

I did cover the cascades I have in the ground last night late once I heard there was a frost warning....wheew!

I think I read somewhere that Niko gets his hops and rhizomes from a farmer in Botslava or something like that.

Another freeze last night. Cascade was about 1" out of soil, poor thing was covered in ice this morning. The Nugget isn't looking too great either.

bernerbrau said:
Another freeze last night. Cascade was about 1" out of soil, poor thing was covered in ice this morning. The Nugget isn't looking too great either.

Yeh. I covered all mine again but I have several plants with a couple over curling leaves. Hopefully a little water and upcoming warm sunny days will bring them back.

I have 2 Cascade, 1 Centennial, and 1 Galena rhizome that I have yet to put in the ground. I am so happy my procrastinating has worked in my favor for once. I may plant them this weekend.

I've got two Cascade, two Zeus, and a Centennial and I've completely ignored them so far this year. My trellis blew down in a storm last fall and I haven't tried to fix it. They look wild and shrubby, now. I was just going to hack them down so I could control the bines. Maybe Mother Nature hacked them for me. :)

Stevo2569 said:

hey Steve
I always heard to water them with a sprinkler all night. The water is always warmer than the night air

Back