The Misfits Of Brewing Science

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is going to be hard to believe but we were shorted a bag of CMC Pale malt:mad: I have a hard time believing that they can't do a better job at counting the sacks that they put on a pallet.

Or we could have counted the sacks as they were being unloaded. I blame Mark and the army guy.:D

_

It wouldn't have mattered if Marc and I would have counted, we would still be 1 sack short. It is no problem since bertsbeer isn't coming to pick-up his grain for another week.

wildwest450 said:
Hey Stevo, for some reason I ended up with your growler of what was left of the DFH 60. If you want to make the 150 mile trip, you can have it back.:mug:

_

Yeh. Just hang on to it till the next get together.

Just signed all the paperwork for my new job today. Get to work to hand in my resignation... and my boss is nowhere to be found. Clever bastard.

Just signed all the paperwork for my new job today. Get to work to hand in my resignation... and my boss is nowhere to be found. Clever bastard.

Congratulations on the new job. I have 10 more days until I return to a full-time management position. I hope that we can get the 4th pallet filled before July 1st:tank:

Did anybody take any of the TF Ambr by mistake? I only ask because it looks like the sack doesn't have much left and I still owe myself 11 pounds.

Hey guys, anybody ever mash in their truck bed. One of my buckets spilled a pound or two on the way home then got rained on and sun for a couple days. They smell like a$$.

image-4246482369.jpg

If you come down for the next get together you can always help empty them:tank:

When is the next brew day?? We use that new fangled web 2.0 thingy called facebook over on this side of the state to organize brew days :)

bernerbrau said:

Congrats!

Java developer for financial software, same as now, except it pays better. Also, whereas my current job makes you wear dress clothes to work, the new place has Beer Fridays.

I have those, except it's beer Thursdays-Saturdays.

_

Java developer for financial software, same as now, except it pays better. Also, whereas my current job makes you wear dress clothes to work, the new place has Beer Fridays.

I am only currently working 19 hours a week, so every Friday is beer Friday. I also have beer Monday-Thursdays, but it is held to one beer before heading in. I am about to open the Festina Peche by Dog Fish Head:ban:

My F*cking chest freezer seems to be going out. If anybody knows of or see a chest freezer for sell please let me know ASAP:(

My F*cking chest freezer seems to be going out. If anybody knows of or see a chest freezer for sell please let me know ASAP:(

I saw you chucking bags of grain on it, that couldn't help. How was the lowest hopped ever made? peachy?

_

At my older boy's tuba lesson, then it's off with all four kids to karate. After that, my wife has me doing yardwork to get ready for the Fourth.

Damn. I want to brew. I put together a recipe for a Sorachi Saison I want to try.

I suggest you taste my beer before asking me to help brew competition stuff... though my weizenbock did place 2nd in its category...

Which strain did you use again....3763? I was reading a La Roja thread and came across the East Coast Yeast reference. They won't be shipping for a couple more months, but would be interesting to do a comparison of the different strains....or possibly even blend them.

I used Roselare, not sure what it's number is. I need to transfer 5 gallons from a bucket to a carboy for long term aging. I could do a batch and toss it on the yeast cake or I could transfer and harvest. Right now I am leaning towards just tossing it on top of the yeast cake. If I do a 10 gallon batch I could take some of the yeast cake and give it to the other brewer.

Man Dave, you missed a cool day on Saturday, about 20 people showed up at Sergio's, it was sweet.

_

Man Dave, you missed a cool day on Saturday, about 20 people showed up at Sergio's, it was sweet.

I can only imagine. They are some cool guys to be around. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it happen on Saturday. But hopefully, I am going to be able to go out there soon on one of their brew days and help out....maybe scoop a few hundred lbs of spent grain!

The Tripel is almost done, it's at .009, making it an even 9%, you can get trashed off a hydrometer sample. If it wasn't for this damn belgian yeast, this would be an awesome beer.:)

It definitely tastes like it's to style. I'll keg in a few days and start carbing. I hope you're thirsty Dave, there's going to be a lot to drink.

_

Back