The last and worst advantage of kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
When it comes time to accept that a batch of ale cannot be saved, that, even though it hasn't gone bad, just nothing can make it worth drinking: with cornies, the pain of dumping the batch is over in seconds.

Party in the septic tank tonight!

Pumbaa said:
Hey DRB WWJDD When it comes to dumping brew?

well, he'd give a hardy "DROKK IT!", give it a power chug, and then blast the empty keg w/ his lawgiver!:drunk:

(how's that?)

Just did the same a couple weeks ago. It was hard to see it go, but drinking it was even harder. Your right; dumping a keg is so much easier than 48+ bottles!!!!!!!!

AHammer16 said:
What was so bad about these batches that you had to dump them? What were they origionaly?

Mine was a CA Common. Had a wierd sour taste to it that just never went away. I've never had a bad batch before. Worse yet, it was my 1st CA Common so I've never had a successful one to compare it to either. You know, one of those anchor steam clone things but we know how clones turn out; never quite the same. It'll be a while before I try that one again... had to be me, not the recipe but it took stinking 6-7 weeks to complete.

Mine was a AG Brown that started out with a low OG, had a stuck ferment and when it was finally done had very little flavor or body. It was about 40F in the garage when I brewed and I think the mash tun was a lot colder than the thermometer in the middle indicated. I would have expected that recirculating and heating the wort would have kept the mash at an even temperature, but it doesn't seem to have worked. Hopefully, I'll have time to insulate the tun before the next batch.

With all the great ales and ciders I have on tap or aging, I just couldn't see any point in keeping it around.

Back