The [Horribly Unpopular] Soccer Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(Appears to be a forgery but hilarious nonetheless)
FB_IMG_1530987558897.jpeg

Nah, it was a game worth watching. Plus, England was essentially Spurs for a bit. Walker is a nice Centerback.
Walker has proven why it was smart to sell him.

I'll probably watch a replay. Definitely watching the final and 3rd place matches on the weekend.

Problem with late shift swing. I missed almost all the knock out matches.

Also as much as I love the Fotmob app, their "news" is horrendous. Not only the pervasive spreading of unsubstantiated clickbait, but the exaggeration and #narrative.

After England lost, headline of "England crashes out of World Cup".

Mate, losing in extra time in the semi-finals, with still a game to play for 3rd place is NOT crashing out.

Germany crashed out. England did not.

Sounds like after a took-way-too-long sacking, Chelsea is suing Conte for breach of contract.
The board that runs the club is a shambles. I came to realization watching Diego Costa, De Bryne & Lukaku have a decent World Cup. I understand why Salah didn't make it & that was due to the competition he was facing. Also I am ok seeing Cuadrado gone, but just think about all of the studs in this World Cup & how many did apply their trade w/ Chelsea at one point or another. Sad & shameful to be honest & yet somehow the club keeps putting trophies into the cabinet. I guess I will keep on singing Blue is The Color!!!

Eden loves tearing Jones a new one ;)
this is Phil Jones when he finds out that he will go against Eden Hazard

eb2baf665f8ed41efc9e68e5f18984f2_400x400.jpeg

You know that fool is praying Real Madrid will buy him from Chelsea

Chelsea had a ton of talented players, but they're hardly the only one to lose big players. Man U had Pogba lost him for nothing and then had to buy him back for a record. Barcelona let Fabregas leave for nothing and become a star for Arsenal and then buying him back. Barcelona also had Pique leave and then comeback. Or to go real extreme, Arsenal had Harry Kane in their academy as a lad but let him go for being too chunky. Schalke sold Rakitic for like 3M euros. Plenty of examples of people screwing up sales of players too early.

Well if they're gonna just pick up anyone, I can make myself available as a center back. The money is definitely worth selling my soul. As long as they're aware I WILL score own goals against Spurs. Lord knows he ain't gonna keep em out of the net LMAO

Also Kroenke has made a move to buy outright and privatise Woolwich. Other major stake agreed to sell his shares, and result is enough for Kroenke to force a compulsory buyout of the rest. Including the Supporters Trust. Needless to say they are furious.

While I love that this will dig Arsenal deeper into civil war, I'm sad. This isn't good for the game as a whole.

Scouser mate and I were discussing predictions.

I suspect City and Liverpool will vie for 1st and 2nd (although I think City will steamroll again). Chelsea and Spurs will fight over 3rd and 4th. Moanrinho will cause a mutiny (as he always does after a few seasons) and Man U drop to 5th/6th (and Mourinho sacked at the end), and Everton/Arsenal fight over 6th/7th (or 5th if ManUre really balls it).

Scouser mate and I were discussing predictions.

I suspect City and Liverpool will vie for 1st and 2nd (although I think City will steamroll again). Chelsea and Spurs will fight over 3rd and 4th. Moanrinho will cause a mutiny (as he always does after a few seasons) and Man U drop to 5th/6th (and Mourinho sacked at the end), and Everton/Arsenal fight over 6th/7th (or 5th if ManUre really balls it).

I can see this. I'm a Liverpool fan, but I think they are a year away still and City is tough. I expect ManU to tank.. hard.

I can see this. I'm a Liverpool fan, but I think they are a year away still and City is tough. I expect ManU to tank.. hard.
Yeah I expect City will be a juggernaut again this year. Pool has strengthened as well. Chelski is a mystery with their unrest, and we have yet to sign anyone new (but at least no major sales despite rumors, and some big raises for key players so it's not that bad), then again it's the last 24 hrs of the window so, Levy Time. Time for a panic buy or two.

ManU has also had a mess of a window too. And lol @ Arsenal.

Latest posts

Back