The [Horribly Unpopular] Soccer Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess Spurs are pulling a ManU and appointing a club legend in interim-interim?

Well, more ledge than ledgend. But we still really really really like the guy.

Seems Ryan Mason is taking over training for the next few days and Saturday's match against West Ham.

Fabrizio Romano says Jose deal is confirmed, signing papers, and announced soon. Only source, but he's not the *least* reliable.

Three years he's gone. Only three years til he's gone.

EJwvdkOWwAAUbr_

gooners haven't won a match in two months - those bums about about get into a relegation battle - They better hurry & get Big Sam before it's too late
tenor.gif

Just cause there really isn't a title race doesn't make it boring. Still a fight for top 4 and a sizeable relegation battle.

Re: yesterday

1) Spurs were shameful and deserved to lose

2) Chelsea were full on dark arts

3) if the alleged racist behaviour by Spurs supporters are true, it's shameful and Spurs have already made a statement that any individuals identified as responsible will be severely punished, as they should be, up to and including lifetime bans

BUT

4) their investigation has turned up zero actual evidence thus far and Rudiger has a history of crying racism when there is none (did the same against Roma, where it was dropped due to no evidence), and if it turns out he's lying both he and Chelsea should be sanctioned. See 2) above.

And

5) A Chelsea supporter was ARRESTED for racist conduct at the same match (directed at Son). Crickets from the club.

The biggest cheaters and most neo-Nazi linked club in England strike again.

Last edited:
The racist kind of fan or the moneyball bandwagon kind? Becuase with Chelsea those are the only two options.
Fans like this - btw I am The Black Guy with the 2009 FA Cup winners Kit - btw how many wins did spuds get when Mr Bates was the owner? It should be very easy, cause you would only need one hand to count them :yes:

Last edited:
Spuds lived through Danny Rose. Both clubs have been wronged by this ********.

Also, Sheffield United. Hell yeah. As an Oxford supporter love Chris Wilder rocking the PL.

3) if the alleged racist behaviour by Spurs supporters are true, it's shameful and Spurs have already made a statement that any individuals identified as responsible will be severely punished, as they should be, up to and including lifetime bans

4) their investigation has turned up zero actual evidence thus far and Rudiger has a history of crying racism when there is none (did the same against Roma, where it was dropped due to no evidence), and if it turns out he's lying both he and Chelsea should be sanctioned. See 2) above.

Spurs Season ticket holder says he heard the chants

Can't ninja edit in a question and then complain if I don't answer it.

"Where are your trophies?" doesn't hold any sway with me. Pathetic mindsite of the fickle clowns of clubs I despise.

The Spurs investigation is ongoing though officially at this point (at least as of yesterday's update statement) has found no evidence. I would hope Rudiger isn't making it up because that's pathetic, and if Spurs supporters ARE saying they heard it too (most statements I've seen have said they didn't, your link shows the first I'd seen otherwise), that'll hopefully help the club narrow down and find whoever is responsible and hold them accountable.

And I did see that the Chelsea individual arrested for racist taunting was reported to officials by other Chelsea fans leading to the arrest. That's commendable, and the only way this garbage will stop. But I'd still like the club to publicly denounce it as well.

article-2225449-005066D000000258-772_468x314.jpg
Ken Bate's Chelsea vs spuds
P41 W22 D14 L5 F75 A39

then add the following:
2 x FA Cup
1 x League Cup
1 x Cup Winners Cup
1 x Super Cup
1 x Charity Shield
2 x Full Members Cup
that bs that Chelsea are better than spuds because of Mr. Abramovich is wrong too - spuds were Chelsea's bitches under Bates too

And Fat Frank's Cheater Brigade steals another 3 points.

The cheating certainly does predate Abramovich.

Still no hard evidence for Rudiger's allegations. And another statement from the middle of that section saying people were chanting "cheater". Because he was....cheating....to get Sonny sent off. Which could be seen as an honest mistake on Rudiger's part. The hearing "cheater" as monkey noises. Not the cheating itself.

Sh** club can't win anything on their own.

And Fat Frank's Cheater Brigade steals another 3 points.

The cheating certainly does predate Abramovich.

Still no hard evidence for Rudiger's allegations. And another statement from the middle of that section saying people were chanting "cheater". Because he was....cheating....to get Sonny sent off. Which could be seen as an honest mistake on Rudiger's part. The hearing "cheater" as monkey noises. Not the cheating itself.

Sh** club can't win anything on their own.
Sympathy for your dirty red neighbors
giphy.gif

Welp, Spurs and metro police have closed their investigation of Rudiger's racism claims.

No evidence.

He did this to Roma as well.

Dark arts to silence opposing fans after you cheat. That's what this is.

Rudiger deserves a lengthy ban, and Chelsea and the media both owe Spurs an apology for immediately judging them guilty.

Because Jose was definitely the solution to our problems....

I'd argue Lo Celso should have seen red twice. The obvious leg stomp, but the studs up lunge later on as well. How neither of those was even a yellow is beyond me.

And Jose was of course making excuses for it all.

No end in sight to the tire fire.

But we could be going to Allianz Arena down three goals, so it could be worse.

Also, if some gasbag was up in his little brother's face, I don't blame Dier at all. At least the coward ran lest we have another seagulls following the trawler incident. Doubt the FA will be so understanding.

I heard that it might have been the fan was abusing Gedson Fernandes. If that is the case it totally smashes your theory about the good ole spuds fans.
That was the early theory, but since all the evidence says the following:

Some Spurs fan near Dier's family was abusing Dier. His little brother stood up for him. An altercation followed. Dier rushed into the stands as a result.

Latest posts

Back