The HBT Tough Guy Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote for your favorite tough guy

• Clint Eastwood

• Chuck Norris

• Charles Bronson

• Bruce Campbell

• Sylvester Stallone

• Steven Seagal

• Jean-Claude Van Damme

• Christopher Lambert

• Kurt Russell (obligatory Escape from NY option)

• Ralph Nader (He'll hit you in the wallet. OUCH)

Results are only viewable after voting.
How did I not see this thread before?!!!

And thank you for the honorary votes. My vote, however, has to go to Bruce Willis in Die Hard. That's the movie I think of when I think "tough guy". Otherwise, it's totally Steve McQueen. Third choice is Clint Eastwood from all the Dirty Harry movies. But he goes down in my estimation because of those movies with the orangatan. He took his shirt off for the fight scenes, and really, not very attractive. Skinny and flabby, both. Of course, he was like 60 years old so maybe not too bad.

I re-read that, and it all made sense to me. YMMV.

Lorena

I had to vote for Bronson. Cool & tough carry on.

But, we should have seen Steve McQueen & Sam Elliott on the list. Nothing says tough like being so cool that everyone wonders whether you are bluffing or you just know that you can kick anyone's a** whenever you feel like it.

What a riot, just as I'm voting, Chuck Norris started to talk to me! (it was about buying a Total Gym, but how did he know?!?) Sorry Chuck, I went with Clint

I tought he wanted to stick me in his basement to wait for the big Jamfest, man!
Oh wow, what a bummer man...

Eastwood... McQueen... pfft! A bunch of Hollywood fairies in leather chaps with nothing covering their bums for their late night parties.

Teddy Roosevelt.

Bruce Campbell, had to go with the hometown boy. Besides Army of Darkness is one of my favorite movies.

Any one remember Jeff Speakman? He had one good movie (perfect weapon) but was a badass in it.

Flyin' Lion said:
Any one remember Jeff Speakman?

Jeff Speakman just doesn't sound very tough. I mean he may be one bad mofo, but I couldn't imagine hearing, "......and featuring Jeff Speakman as Dirty Harry." :D

Chuck20Norris204th20Wise20Man.jpg

Never in a million years did I think Eastwood would be leading this pack, followed by Bruce Campbell in 2nd. I'm wondering how it would have gone If I would have included John Wayne, Steve McQueen, and the rest in the poll....

Ize

I voted for Nader, but only b/c McQueen, Cagney, Kirk Douglas, Burt Lancaster, Humphrey Bogart, Lee Marvin and Robert Mitchum weren't on the list.

I didn't go through all the posts so sorry if somebody mentioned it. But the ultimate bad ass was russell crowes character in L.A. Confidential "Bud White"

Back