The good and the bad.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtsitler

Reaction score
Well the good is I bottled my apple cherry cider today and it turned out great... Finished dry and back sweetened for SWMBO and she said I'm really getting the hang of this cider thing. 😃

The bad is while I was capping my butterfly capper that I just bought bent somehow and it was a task getting the bottles capped.... Took me over 50 caps to get 24 bottles capped.

I will be visiting my LHBS where I bought the capper tomorrow to see if he will replace it or if not guess I have to buy a new one.

It makes me very happy to please my better half with some cider so I can continue making beer.... It's a good trade off in my opinion.

Sent from a planet far far away.....

LHBS treated me great, replaced my capper without a question.
That's the nice thing about about buying locally.....

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

Good to hear they took care of you. And you are right, that is why buying locally is nice.

Back sweetened then bottled...hope you know what you are doing...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yes back sweetened and bottled and when the soda bottle I filled feels like it is properly carbonated, I'll stove top pasteurize like I've done the last half dozen times....

Sent from a galaxy far far away....

Making cider for SWMBO is such a great idea, I agree. I haven't heard any complaints about beer stuff since I started making ones she likes

Back