• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Virginia The Electric Brewery 240v 50A Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajae

Reaction score
Got this from a local brewery who has since moved onto a commercial system. This is from theelectricbrewery.com it's his 240v 50A back to back for a 30gal+ panel setup. It runs for $2900 on the site. I was going to use it because I thought I was going to have a brewery room, but life got in the way so I'm sticking with my propane burner! lol. The "white stuff is spray paint that the brewery started buy decided not to do, it's not affecting any of the equipment. He did pull some wire out of it, and it needed a new safe start. I purchased all the parts I needed to get it up and running after I had an electrician at work take a look at it.parts come with the purchase. I will also email the purchaser the electric brewery's PDF for the DIY build. $1800
Cheers
IMG_0064.jpg IMG_1220.JPG IMG_1490.JPG IMG_1591.JPG IMG_1995.JPG IMG_2600.JPG IMG_3968.JPG IMG_4429.JPG IMG_4755.JPG IMG_4765.JPG

the element selector switch would suggest it isn't designed as a back to back setup as both elements could not fire at the same time. I could be mistaken though

the element selector switch would suggest it isn't designed as a back to back setup as both elements could not fire at the same time. I could be mistaken though
Yup you're right it's for 30 Gallon plus batches, you can fire 2 elements at the same time.

So I'm a little confused here. Does the panel work? Is there repairs that must be done to the panel? After re-reading the post it sounds like the safety switch needs to be replaced, what other wiring was pulled out?

Seems like a great price and a steal, but I guess I am confused as to what post #10 means when you say "Hey I got her rebuilt and powered up! Can't blame me!" Can you elaborate on the pane;'s condition?

Thanks in advance.

Panel works, I bought it from Ajae with some parts that needed to be installed, built a power cable for it and plugged it in and it runs fine.

Back