The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And another thing, that f’ing Hyundai commercial is f’ing stupid.

We don’t sound like that. Ok, we might sound like the two guys but there’s no way we sound like that woman

Not nearly enough "faahks" for the actors to sound remotely realistic. "You cant paaahk ya faahkin caah there, you a*shole!"

It's faahkin' Babe Ruth all the faahk over again. What ****ing Broadway production do those sh*tholes need to fund this time?

"Oh, we're so ****ing poor, we can't pay the best, most charismatic player in the league who happens to be only 27 ****ing years old! And we're going to charge more for tickets next year even though we're saving all this fahking money, you fahking idiots!"

Fahk those ****ing guys with ****ing crashed Hyundai Elantra. Right up the fahkin' keister.

Not trading Mookie would be stupidity beyond belief. Mookie is going to go to the highest bidder. He’s not taking the home town discount, he’s upping the market for himself and every other guy in the union. If they don’t trade him and he walked away at the end of the year and they got nothing for him I’d find John Henry’s house and burn it down

They got nothing for him. Ride him a year like you care and let him ride off into the sunset or keep him and drop others while u tread water and increase ticket prices. I give Mookie credit tho. Treated the whole procedure very professionally while the clowns did their thing.

Serious question, for a change I’m not being a smart ass.

Why in the world would somebody want a receipt for two plain bagels to go? I was at a bagel shop this morning and the old lady in front of me made a point of asking for a receipt when she placed her order for a single egg and a single onion bagel to go, then made a fuss because the girl forgot it. WTF do you do with a receipt for $2.49?

It aggravates the **** out of me whenever there is a new person at my Dunkin’ drive through and they insist on giving me a receipt. I don’t need more **** cluttering up my passenger seat. Although I kind of get that, ‘the register prints it out, give it to the customer.’ (Who is going to do WHAT with it?)

But to actively seek out a receipt for pocket change? Why?

Hoppy? Anyone?

Last edited:
It could have been a mystery shop. Companies pay people to report on their experience, the receipt is proof she was there, and her purchase will likely get reimbursed in addition to whatever an employer paid for the visit.

Why do I know about this? My husband was doing this a long while ago. Once the NY lottery hired to check bars for their lotto signage and would reimburse for a soda. Most bar tenders rolled eyes or shrugged their shoulders at the request for a receipt, but one of the stops the bitchy pregnant bartender and the ash hole owner got downright nasty about it, until I said so sorry, didn’t mean to ruin your day by asking for a receipt. On the upside of that job, we were once paid to see a televised Tyson fight at a club... the one where he bit Holyfield’s ear.

Seriously.

A f’ing receipt?

If I were a pregnant bartender and you busted my chops on a busy night for a receipt for a beer I’d follow you home and burn your house down.

Uhhhhh. Never mind. I think my account has been hacked. I have NEVER burnt down a house and I stand strongly against someone burning down anyone’s house.

Except John Henry. F that guy. Burn his house down.

Maybe she has Alzheimer’s and this is the way she can look back and remember her day.
Maybe it was a reimbursable business expense.
Maybe she is on the knife’s edge with her budget, and needs to account for every penny.
Maybe she just likes screwing with DD employees.
Maybe she knew it would hold up your order of 2 dozen Boston cremes, six breakfast sandwiches and a small decaf.

Serious question, for a change I’m not being a smart ass.

Why in the world would somebody want a receipt for two plain bagels to go? I was at a bagel shop this morning and the old lady in front of me made a point of asking for a receipt when she placed her order for a single egg and a single onion bagel to go, then made a fuss because the girl forgot it. WTF do you do with a receipt for $2.49?

It aggravates the **** out of me whenever there is a new person at my Dunkin’ drive through and they insist on giving me a receipt. I don’t need more **** cluttering up my passenger seat. Although I kind of get that, ‘the register prints it out, give it to the customer.’ (Who is going to do WHAT with it?)

But to actively seek out a receipt for pocket change? Why?

Hoppy? Anyone?

Mitch said it best:

What the hell is with Starbucks? Over the holidays I could get dark roast anytime now they are back to “we stop making it at 11AM.” I don’t like Pikes. Their dark roasts have lower caffeine than pikes, better flavor than pikes and less acid then pikes. Its stooped.

That’s a bummer. Brian’s a good guy

Adjustments.JPG

Came here to mention this ^ especially the posts a page back where someone was mentioning a sale on Blichman.
Too bad indeed - and I hadn't heard before now that the brewery is going too.
Sad to say, but this writing's been on the wall for a while - when I go in to get Pilsner malt for a brew - and they don't have any, or any Crystal / caramel under 40L... Hop selection has been hit or miss for a while...
Now I have to figure out where to get my ingredients. Thank goodness I got a mill on Black Friday...
PLanning on stopping in tomorrow evening to fill out my grain log and see what else there is.

Just realized my easy-peasy CO2 refills at StrangeBrew are over, and I need to fill a couple of tanks soon.
I guess I'll take them over tomorrow and hope for the best.
Double crap! :(

I feel extra bad for Adam, I watched him put his space together over the last two years, lots of regulatory pain every step of the way, only to have this bomb drop. Probably spent a couple dozen hours letting him tell me all the plans and the half-steps (brand new walk-in fridge arrived with the door on the wrong side, for example). But he was always amazingly up-beat about even the smallest progress.

Crap.

Anyone ever try to get a CO2 cylinder refilled at Marlboro Fire Extinguisher on Washington street? :drunk:

I didn’t even know about Tackle Box and yeah, that adds a whole other layer of “that sucks”.

It’s a brutal business.

The next few years will be interesting in terms of who is still around. Unfortunately, I think there will be a lot of these announcements although it won’t have anything to do with the “bubble” bullshti.

I feel extra bad for Adam, I watched him put his space together over the last two years, lots of regulatory pain every step of the way, only to have this bomb drop. Probably spent a couple dozen hours letting him tell me all the plans and the half-steps (brand new walk-in fridge arrived with the door on the wrong side, for example). But he was always amazingly up-beat about even the smallest progress.

Crap.

Anyone ever try to get a CO2 cylinder refilled at Marlboro Fire Extinguisher on Washington street? :drunk:

You must have a welding supply place around. Airgas swaps tanks, but Maine oxy fills them. At least they do up here.

Back