The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my buddy Kim has been building a post and beam shed for some time now, I’ve been helping. This morning we forged the first of the door hinges. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.
EAC5F7BC-419A-4B08-ADD7-3CFB51B2CA77.jpeg
690C4305-1B7E-4B6D-BB55-FB3706A8E84E.jpeg

No abstinence, heaven forbid. Just no carbs. Whiskey is a viable option, as is vodka

Words you never thought would cross your lips... "I'm getting sick of bacon.".

However I did cross another xx0 threshold this week, so there's that.
Sometimes, when I get sick of something, it helps if I change into something else
1611517132493.jpeg

So my buddy Kim has been building a post and beam shed for some time now, I’ve been helping. This morning we forged the first of the door hinges. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.
View attachment 715724View attachment 715725
That's some nice forging there Paulie.Thats a skill we may need when the world devolves into the Game of Thrones.And you can make beer and pizza.You will have many wives.

While I do not have knowledge of how to memes and or fake photos, someone should put a nice liter sized beer bottle or flagon of some sort in the old guy's mittens. Bet that would help him with the cold a lot, and perhaps help his demeanor as well.

View attachment 715729This is the shed taken on the day we put the rafters up back in the fall

Good thing your fellers built it stoutly, you sittin on it and all. But it does look nice.

I'd make a semi enclosed brew "porch' out of it, which could be used for all sorts of fun stuff, hanging out in storms, add screens for mosquito season, maybe even have a pizza party..... Sulk away from your family outdoors but out of the elements,.. whatever...,

There are some interesting poly carbonate corrugated roofing panels on the market these days that I would consider for that, they have clear ones and colors that range in opaqueness. I think I'm going to alternate between clear and green semi light allowing on a structure I am planning. They even sell them at the box stores in the quantities you would need, makes it pretty easy.

I don't think that's in the cards, too modern. He was initially talking about sheathing it in plywood. I told him I'd burn the thing down of he did. Eventually got a local sawmill to cut 1"x boards and will do horizontal board and batten siding. Probably will go with asphalt shingles, cedar would be pretty spendy.

Woof. Old School dump out here in the boonies. I'm looking at 15 inches perched on the deck railing and the flat ground below is likely deeper.
Fortunately it's "poofy" snow, and the steady winds are blowing it out of the trees, so (fingers crossed) no power outages tonight...

Ended up with only 10 here but within 5-10 miles either side of the Pioneer Valley they got a whalloping. I saw Bahstan with as little as none, and figured PTN must've walked out in the back yahd wanting to make a pizza and told Mother Nature to F off.

I took three depth readings out in the open and this was the shallowest. The towns surrounding us reported 14+, while some Stow nitwit phoned in a 9.1 <bullsheet! :D>

old_school_dump.jpg

Had to think about it for a tick. 50/50.

At 70, it's not so trivial to spend 3 hours clearing my driveway - and my much older neighbor's ~300' driveway across the road.
Thank god it's only a single-wide. My double-wide 90' footer takes half as long, but the guy just had the entire Stow FD visit him three nights ago.
Not his first (more like 6th) and just couldn't leave him packed in.

On the other hand...8-10" of this dump landed on Cannon Mountain, so things are looking up for skiing :rock:

Cheers!

i don’t have too much to shovel, but the guys that plow tend to only clear the middle of the road, meaning hubby and I have to move the heavy stuff 6-8 feet past the apron. I’m on the side of the street with utility poles, so I’d think someone with half a brain could get within a foot or 2 of the curb without a problem. If that’s not bad enough a guy in a pick up with a blade cleans it up the next day and day after blocking up the driveway each time. Yes, I am b!tching about it. I have a very considerate neighbor with a snow blower who has done the apron for the past three years. I’m sure your neighbor appreciates what you do. I know I would. :mug:
79445324-4155-4BC3-AE96-E57D40992F93.jpeg

Last edited:
14+ inches in Carlisle, MA. We shoveled last night hoping to make today easier. Nope. 4-5" last night and 10" today and packed. The wind help make the fluffy stuff and little more packed. Thank God I have a huge snow blower and a 19 year to help. The snow helps make the summer that much better. Picture is the snow on my truck's bed cover.

Attachments

• 14 inches of snow 2 Feb 2021.jpg
    14 inches of snow 2 Feb 2021.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 23
fwiw, for Masshole oldsters having trouble booking a Covid-19 vaccination through the FUBAR max vax site, there's a back door that actually works!
The Spousal Unit received these instructions from one of her sisters and we were both able to book first shots on March 3. 2nd shots are scheduled at the stadium when you receive your first shot.

Cheers!
Start by going into the website: cic-health.com/guide
Go to the bottom and hit “schedule”
Click “ schedule my second dose”
Use drop down arrow and backdate dose. Start with Feb. 3rd or 4th.
You will now be able to book your apt. for March 3rd.
Done!!

Back