The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be interested (we got excellent seats last year for very little $$), but the odds of that game actually being played are... oh what, 2%?

You don't really think they are going to kill that golden goose, do you? The owners get their peckers slapped every single time they fight the union, this time will be no different. It's not that the steroid cases are that smart, it's just that the owners always step in the sheet. When faced with losing their antitrust exemption they'll roll over . The games will all be played

Im in, buffalo is a great trip...

Uhhhhh, sorry Rookie, we seem to be sold out. A full boat. No tix. Everyone already arranged things by PM's. Too bad. Would have been fun to have you. Bummer. Maybe you can go over to Yeagers and watch the game with him.

OK, who else is in?

PTN

Buffalo is a helluva fun city, too. Community Brew Works (Sigafoos) might be up and running by September, too. I honestly would be a 9/10 for being in on a Buffalo road trip.

Just went to seatgeek to look at tickets, and prices are a lot worse than they were for last year's game. We had seats right parallel to the end zone, section 115, I think, three rows up, and they were only $60 each. Looking at ~$150 a pop now.

the_bird said:
Just went to seatgeek to look at tickets, and prices are a lot worse than they were for last year's game. We had seats right parallel to the end zone, section 115, I think, three rows up, and they were only $60 each. Looking at ~$150 a pop now.

That's only because they haven't played a game yet and so Buffalo is still (unbelievably) mathematically alive. That will change when they fumble and lose the ball on their first six drives of the year.

Cape Brewing said:
Zzz.... Zzzz

Very impressed with my boy, CB. I would be useless if I only got two hours of sleep cause I stayed up till almost three brewing. And yet he still made it in to work. Mr Wall Street. Helping to drive that engine which is the US economy. Flipping the switches. Making the deals. Trading the stocks...

Holy crap, I gotta go call my broker quick.

The 20 gallons I topped off with last night... Hell... this morning... had an OG of 1.130..

so... unless I'm too punch drunk to do some basic math, I am pretty sure our total average OG on this beer was 1.097-1.098.

... and we were shooting for 1.100.

Not too freakin' shabby considering we were doing an awful lotta "bah, close enough" that day.

Must be all of that Kaiser malt.

OK, because of other commitments on my part, that means that Masstoberfest is going to have to be on the 17th .

I'll settle that with SWMBO and get back to everyone to confirm.

Too bad Rookie won't be able to make that day either.

PTN

Wow, Didnt realize that Id be compared to yaeger!!! as if my day couldnt get any worse, PTN kicks me while I am down...Great

Yeah... Thanks Paul, your mega tun was just fantastic. I love the "hey look at that!!! I just barely missed the OG target on that huuuuge grain bill" comments only to find out that little gem was only based on your first runnings!

"uhhhh Paul.... What is this 15 gallons of 1.040 over here??"

"oh! Well... Those are second runnings... You cant expect to hit your numbers on your second runnings"

(shaking my head)

ComcastWineRookie said:
Wow, Didnt realize that Id be compared to yaeger!!! as if my day couldnt get any worse, PTN kicks me while I am down...Great

They were not comparing you to me. They actually like me... Sorry comcast to be the one to tell you.....

Cape Brewing said:
Yeah... Thanks Paul, your mega tun was just fantastic. I love the "hey look at that!!! I just barely missed the OG target on that huuuuge grain bill" comments only to find out that little gem was only based on your first runnings!

"uhhhh Paul.... What is this 15 gallons of 1.040 over here??"

"oh! Well... Those are second runnings... You cant expect to hit your numbers on your second runnings"

(shaking my head)

In my best Homer Simpson voice, "I like stories."

yeager1977 said:
They were not comparing you to me. They actually like me...

No we don't. Whatever gave you that idea?

Although we do like you more than Rookie that's like saying you prefer poison oak over poison ivy. You can't stand having either one but one is just slightly less irritating.

Poison Ivy is absolutely >>>> poison oak. Poison Ivy's got Alyssa Milano, at least in Part 2.

images

"Poison Oak" sounds more like one of Paulie's movies. Maybe something he watches on Logo, late at night. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Back