The death of Michael Jackson

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donasay

Reaction score
I am sorry to say that I heard Michael Jackson died today. I must raise a glass to this great of the beer world. If you all don't know of his many accomplishments, let me refresh your memory:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson_(writer)

The modern theory of beer style is largely based on the work done by Michael Jackson in his 1977 book The World Guide To Beer in which Jackson categorised a variety of beers from around the world in local style groups suggested by local customs and names. His work had a special influence on the popularisation of the brewing culture in North America, and he would later host a popular show entitled The Beer Hunter, which was shown on Channel 4 and the Discovery Channel. During his 30 year career as a critic, he wrote columns for a large number of newspapers and magazines.

Jackson considered beer as a component of culture and described beers in their cultural context. Although he traveled around the world and discovered different beer cultures, he was especially fond of the Belgian beers. He was appointed to an honorary officer of the Ridderschap van de Roerstok in 1997 for his important contribution to the international success of the Belgian beers. This honour had previously only been given to brewers. In 1998, Jackson brought forth his own line of beer glassware. Shortly after, Jackson also helped create and worked with the only beer club he ever endorsed, Michael Jackson's Rare Beer Club.[1]

Ha Ha You.......you're a funny guy.

I too will toast to one of the best authors on the subject of beer as well.

:mug:

Ok I'll do it while listening to Beat it in honor of the other MJ. :D

When someone first told me that Michael Jackson died today, my first response was "The beer guy?!?". I didn't realize he died 2 years ago.

Sorry guys, but as a child of the 80's, I will forever be a fan of the King of Pop. (however the writer is good too)

I am remembering him by drinking Boones Farm and listening to the entire Thriller album. Just like I did in high school.

I could not agree more... musically... i believe he was genius. I am a metal fan to be sure, but something about the groove that he came up with in much of his old stuff is pretty awesome (alien ant farm anyone?)

but ya, as a person, boooo! good riddance.

Back