The "Dear" , "Sincerely" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear brownie lovers.

You are so missing out on properly brandy & chocolate sauce soaked, coconut covered non-Australian Lamingtons. So much better than brownies any day.

Sincerely,
South African who loves the Lamingtons stolen by his country from Australia and perfected.

Dear HBT

even though...you're all wrong and i'm right about brownies! this talk has got me wanting to add cocoa to a stout or porter.....

Sincerely,

someone who just bought 5lb's of chocolate malt...trying to figure out what to brew next....

Dear bracc,

You forgot the cocoa nibs.

Buy the nibs!

Also, buy some cocoa powder from the grocery store. Not like the nesquick or whatever, the good stuff you bake with. Throw a little of that in the wort, too. It doesn't do anything to the taste, but the smell it puts off is absolutely amazing.

Sincerely,
You're welcome

dear brownie lovers,

You are wrong, cinnamon buns(proper finnish ones, not the goo covered insults to baking) are better.

Sincerely,
someone who doesn't like overly sweetened pastry.

Dear person who doesn't like to have fun,

This was not a debate over which dessert/snack baked goods were best. Not until you made that statement, anyway.

And I think we can all agree that kringle is overrated.

Besides, cinnamon rolls are a breakfast food.

Sincerely,
Brownie center piece enthusiast

Dear Mr Expanding Waistline,

Never visit the homemade bread or pizza threads. You should probably just avoid the entire cheese section, meat smoking section, and cooking and pairing section.

Maybe reconsider your activity in TR as well.

Sincerely,
On his way to 400lbs

Dear you brownie lovers. (What @bwarsaid. Damn you all....)
20200906_071237.jpg
I have been trying to determine edge or center. Still have not figured out what is best. Looks like there might not be any left for the grandkids....

Dear Me,

Next time you have a "leaking" propane tank, don't automatically blame the line. Test it with the other tank. Every. Damn. Time.

Sincerely,

Also me with my very first defective propane tank, hoping that HD is cool about it and gives me a full one for this one that is barely 1/4 gone, and out $15 for a new line & regulator (although it will be nice to have a spare).

Dear recently emptied keg of good-not-great light lager,

It's about time! Now I can keg the fresh-hopped barleywine that's been sitting in primary for almost a month.

Sincerely,
First time fresh hopped beer maker

Dear Kent, great foreign group BTW,

i had a kent bike when i was a kid, it got stolen. actually i think every bike i ever had was stolen. so no, i'm not going to like mint...

Sincerely,

STILL not liking mint ice cream, or mixed drinks, or hell.. anything but a lozenge

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3546250/

Dear(damn), @jschein i was just about to ask in private message, whens the baby due?

you said it was going to be put in the keg last weekend, so it should be pushed out soon. i'm hoping you agree and it's like orowheat comapred to wonder bread! but be honest!

Sincerely,

someone who spent enough on shipping a $6 product, to hire a harassment firm to ask how you're experience was...

Dear Kent, great foreign group BTW,

i had a kent bike when i was a kid, it got stolen. actually i think every bike i ever had was stolen. so no, i'm not going to like mint...

Sincerely,

STILL not liking mint ice cream, or mixed drinks, or hell.. anything but a lozenge

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3546250/

I'm sorry your bike was stolen. Mint is still good. You are still wrong. Regardless of what happened to some random dude who consumed to much mint (you do remember that you are on a forum where people discuss a product that many consider to be a poison).

Sincerely,

Dear @bracconiere
sorry you could not keep this in a PM so now you opened the door in public so I shall respond in public. I did tell you my initial circumstances, for which your responses were very supportive. FYI, I needed to go cross country for my dying brother George. An American hero who fought in the Vietnam war. Love you George 😎. I have not been anywhere except work and home during the pandemic until I went to see my brother.
Unfortunately I do work at a rural hospital and it has been all hands on deck, this COVID-19 sucks.
I fear everyday that I may bring something home which could potentially kill my family. So I am truly sorry that I have not reviewed the malts yet.

Sincerely,
Someone who doesn’t know what the fuq is go on now.

Sorry to all for being a downer, Merry Christmas to all and Happy new year
I hope we can all be safe and get through this pandemic. Get the vacc as soon as you can

@jschein So sorry to hear about your brother's death. Thanks for your work at the hospital, I saw an article in the Guardian yesterday that 3,000 healthcare workers in the US have died due to the pandemic, its a literal tragedy. No need to apologize for being in a horrible situation. I'm in nowhere near as bad a situation as you and I feel worn down - can't imagine how it is for you. Best wishes for a better 2021.

Thanks @Pappers_ your kind words mean a lot. Also thanks for spreading the work about healthcare workers, not many realize the scope of this on us. Many more have gotten sick and thankfully recovered. Best wishes to you for 2021. Try to live life to the fullest and enjoy the good moments . And I cannot stress enough, get the vaccine when it is available for you. I did . 😎

Thanks @Pappers_ your kind words mean a lot. Also thanks for spreading the work about healthcare workers, not many realize the scope of this on us. Many more have gotten sick and thankfully recovered. Best wishes to you for 2021. Try to live life to the fullest and enjoy the good moments . And I cannot stress enough, get the vaccine when it is available for you. I did . 😎
Sorry to read your sad news about the loss of your brother. Many of us are on our last nerve sometimes despite how we were raised. No apologies needed you are human... a brave essential human who makes a living helping others.

Sincerely,
Fellow human not as essential, and gets pissed with anti-maskers and the passive aggressive a-holes that let their nose hang out.

Dear @Sammy86 ,
Doesn't sound too bad... (and sorry to be a 1-upper)

Momma is working a day 12 today (7-7). That leaves 'little Momma' (6 year old Daughter) and me home with her boys (4 year old triplet brothers). Honestly they are better than they were just a few weeks ago, but they still are in diapers and only 2 of them have a few words they use. Thankfully they have started playing together versus fighting with each other for everything. My daughter is a huge helper, but we are still out numbered.

Going to have spaghetti in a little bit and then bath time for the boys. Talk about some fun times...

And Merry Christmas to all!

Sincerely,
Truly blessed (Momma is a Rockstar doing this 5 days a week)

Last edited:
Dear Sun,

I'm glad that the winter solstice is over, and you're going to have to stop being lazy soon. so i don't end up waking up long before you do. And sitting in the dark waiting to go to work!

Sincerely,

Someone that doesn't like having to wake up 4 hours before you!

Dear YouTube,

I like you. You're a good source of cat videos and everything I used to like about America's Funniest Home Videos. Some of your channels even got me through a couple of Calculus classes and Linear Algebra.

But I gotta ask... why?

Sincerely,
YouTube Fan

Back