The Butter Dish compartment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havokczl

Reaction score
Hello!
I was able to obtain a nice Craigslist fridge that I'm going to be converting to kegerator, once I get the remainder of the supplies. I'm wondering if anyone has drilled thru the extra thick bit where the butter compartment is on the door.
I have space to drill next to it, but I wouldn't have the number of taps that I'm shooting for. I can see where if you did drill thru that extra thick section you'd need the longer shank to put thru. Was just wondering if anyone out there has done this or would something like this be extra hassle & grief?

Hello!
I was able to obtain a nice Craigslist fridge that I'm going to be converting to kegerator, once I get the remainder of the supplies. I'm wondering if anyone has drilled thru the extra thick bit where the butter compartment is on the door.
I have space to drill next to it, but I wouldn't have the number of taps that I'm shooting for. I can see where if you did drill thru that extra thick section you'd need the longer shank to put thru. Was just wondering if anyone out there has done this or would something like this be extra hassle & grief?

just hack it all off except the gasket sealing edge and maybe add some 2" foam sheet.
there is nothing in the door to worry about hitting.

Yeah, I've seen that done, and thats not really what I'm going for. I'd would prefer to use the shelves in the door for keeping bottles upright & storing washed yeast.

Shouldn't make much difference where you go through the liner, but you may find you want to run the shank nuts up against the steel skin.

btw, all three of the top-freezer fridges in my house have the butter dishes at the top of the food compartment door. Putting faucets there might result in the tap handles getting hit by the freezer compartment door...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back