The Bruery's Or Xata

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nimboden

Reaction score
Hello all, Had this beer recently and really liked the combination of flavors happening so I thought I'd try my hand at it. I haven't been able to find much info on it besides that there is lactose, some flaked rice and the obvious horchata spices.

65% 2 Row
24% Munich 10
6% Flaked Rice
6% Lactose @ 15min left in boil
3% Malted Wheat

1sp Cinnamon @ 15min left
Target is 17° starting plato

age on some vanilla beans

17ibus with Magnum
WY1318

They describe their base beer as a golden ale with "heavy" dose of rice, cinnamon, and vanilla beans. I decided to keep my rice level fairly low as not much flavor is produced from it. I'm keeping my spicing fairly low initially and may add more to the fermenter depending on taste. I also plan on putting this on my nitro tap when the time comes. Let me know what you think and I'll update as it progresses. :mug:

I just tried this beer for the first time on Sunday at Post No Bills in Sand City, CA, and it is fantastic! The cinnamon and vanilla really come through, but the beer stays fairly dry in spite of the spices. I'll be very interested to hear how your version compares.

Anyone ever discover a good Or Xata clone recipe? Verify this recipe?

Back