The Brown Barn Brewery Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonefishin

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Having always brewed in my driveway, I was more than thrilled to move to property that had a barn. I decided that I would make a dedicated brew space out of the wash-bay. I just hope my beers warrant such cool space.

The Barn.jpg

The Space.jpg

The During.jpg

The After 2.jpg

The Doors.jpg

the sliding doors and the stone corner accent brought this barn to whole new level. cant wait for more updates!

You just need a cash register on a counter to complete the carry-out look! Seriously though I'm jealous as it looks awesome.

Love the commercial sliding doors! Were they original in the barn or did you add them after? You don't usually see something like that in a barn!

Kal

Do you realize how many enemies you just made due to jealousy? :mad:
hehehehe
j/k Looks Awesome! :mug:
I actually AM a little jealous lol. ;)

That's pretty sweet! Now you can feed the animals the spent grain only by throwing it out the window! My goats love beer grain.

Dream come true right there....granted my wife probably wouldn't like the spending I would do in order to brew 10-15 gal batches. Congrats, that's a beautiful piece of land right there!

Thanks y'all. It has been a long ride. I got an inline 8" exhaust fan to vent the area. The other pic is the loft, time to RDWHAHB. And yes, there are plenty of people ready to put a horse in there.

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_20161009_194337256.jpg

Thanks y'all. It's great to have a dedicated space. Especially one with cool doors! Kal, my BILs company installs these doors. I got these for the cost of new glass $400 bucks. And I went to Ohio and removed them and installed them in my barn.

Last edited:
Nicely done! Having a dedicated space must be so nice. I'm on year 4 of a barn build on my dads property. I can't wait till it's done so I can start my own barn thread. Keep the pics coming please.

Thanks Jayway, It has taken about 8 months to get here. To much other stuff in the higher priority slots. I got a lot more done during the winter. But it sure can get cold out there.

Sure! Here's an old pic. The ceiling has been finished and there is a brewstand under the hood now. I feel you with finding time to work on it, this started with a dirt floor and stalls so it's come a long way.

IMAG1414.jpg

Thanks y'all. It's great to have a dedicated space. Especially one with cool doors! Kal, my BILs company installs these doors. I got these for the cost of new glass $400 bucks. And I went to Ohio and removed them and installed them in my barn.
Nice! you probably got these in the in for less than 1/10th of what they'd cost new/installed! Love it!

(Keep in the pics coming!)

Kal

Yeah, I got great deal. I've got a great BIL too, whom I now have to keep supplied with homebrew. By the time I built a stud wall with insulation, a door, finishes and all, I probably would have spent more than I gave for the automatics. Not to mention it took about 4-hours to install them. It would have taken me another 6-months to build a wall.
Next up is my hood and ventilation.

Beautiful stuff fellas!

Love both the barns. Personally I like a rustic feel so the brown barn wins my top vote but Jayway's is a thing of beauty as well.

Not much time to work on the space with the holidays. But I took a day to brew with my son-in-law. 10-gal. of Pale Ale, fermenting happily in my new fermonster carboys. (I like Christmas!) The hood is not done but the fan and vent are operational. Probably a good thing now that the doors are up and it was 30-degrees outside. This was sort of a trial run for the brewery. The equipment worked properly. As usual it was human error that caused the anxieties.

Mashing.jpg

Sparge.jpg

Back