The Brewlogger Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Boy

Reaction score
Okay I found a place to stick the program...
http://au.geocities.com/roy_boy_55/brewlogger.html

The smart viewport files are there too, you'll need those to use the search option.

It would be cool to just keep chucking any questions/suggestions in this thread, keep everything tidy :)

orrelse said:
Wow Roy Boy!
I got the program, had to do a quick download of a .OCX file but I got it to work no problems!

Orrelse, what was the name of the .ocx you had to get to make it work? Just so I can chuck that with all the other files too.

Gotcha, that's up there too now. I just had to fix something that happened when you try to reload a brew you'd saved, it put the stuff in the wrong boxes...anyway its fixed now, just gotta d/l it again ;)

I'm still having problems with that smartviewpoint file. Do you know where it goes?
My computer doesn't have the folders that the readme file says for it to go to. I put it into the system32 folder along with the other .ocx file but it isn't taking.
No harm though--I can still use the program, I just can't search I guess.

I'm going to put this through the ringer this weekend. ;)

It just sounds like you have to register the files in the viewport.zip file.

The 'SmartSubclass.dll' & 'SmartViewport.ocx' files go in the same folder as a file called 'Regsvr32.exe'. (99% of the time it's the system32 folder, sometimes system on older machines). So if you have doubts where to put them, just look for Regsvr32.

Then open up the ms-dos prompt
(Start->Programs->Accessories-> Command Prompt?)

Then navigate to the folder where you put them.

Assuming yours is the same as mine, the commands you type at the prompt as soon as it opens are
>cd.. <enter> to get back to c:/
>cd windows <enter>
>cd system32 <enter> to get to the sys32 folder
>Regsvr32 SmartSubclass.dll <enter>
>Regsvr32 SmartViewport.ocx <enter>

the last 2 lines are what registers the files and you should get some confirmation. Hopefully I explained it okay :confused:

Back