The Big Box of Yum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should only be sent to who is on the list right?

When (if) I get the Box of Yum (if it actually exists), I'm going to pack it up with awesomeness when I'm done and hide it somewhere in the garage where I won't find it for a month. Then get all excited when I find it. Enjoy the goodies. Post a pic and then repeat.

When (if) I get the Box of Yum (if it actually exists), I'm going to pack it up with awesomeness when I'm done and hide it somewhere in the garage where I won't find it for a month. Then get all excited when I find it. Enjoy the goodies. Post a pic and then repeat.

Why do you need to receive the real box to do this?

BBOY, party of one.

I knew you were underage. Reported lol. Getting another barrel this weekend. Need to brew something for it soon. :ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Haha for a scientist, you sure aren't very observant. ;)

I was 12 in that picture but sure didnt feel underage considering the things going on that weekend. Harley Davidson knows how to throw a party. :rockin:

I didnt realize you already had a barrel. what size and type of barrel you getting? Any idea what beer you're gonna put in it?

Haha for a scientist, you sure aren't very observant. ;)

I was 12 in that picture but sure didnt feel underage considering the things going on that weekend. Harley Davidson knows how to throw a party. :rockin:

I didnt realize you already had a barrel. what size and type of barrel you getting? Any idea what beer you're gonna put in it?

I know the pic is from 2003 ;). I got a Garrison Brothers 15 gallon barrel with a wild tart cherry boubon quad in it that I put in in 2014. That will be removed soon and going to ferment a saison in it. The other should be the same but the brewery did not specify what they are. Thinking to put a stout in it. These are going to be third use. Need to get my self a fresh one one day.

I know the pic is from 2003 ;). I got a Garrison Brothers 15 gallon barrel with a wild tart cherry boubon quad in it that I put in in 2014. That will be removed soon and going to ferment a saison in it. The other should be the same but the brewery did not specify what they are. These are going to be third use. Need to get my self a fresh one one day.

that beer sounds fantastic! Fresh as in brand new or freshly dumped of liquor? Id like to try a freshly charred barrel someday.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1447897163.395869.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1447897175.878755.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1447897188.179885.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1447897200.495214.jpg

@hello everything looks great!! Nothing here that I've had before! And there's nothing better than an unexpected beer delivery, I'm having a crappy week and this definitely helped out! I'm off to work in a bit but have the day off tomorrow so look for some concoctions tomorrow night.

Wasnt expecting this challenge this week so I didn't have much for fresh additives so I had to grab out of the pantry.
This is Big Ricc with cherries and dark chocolate
View attachment 317267
View attachment 317268

Wish I had fresh cherries or at least maraschinos on hand as I'm not getting much from the dried ones, but the chocolate is coming through nicely.

Sounds fantastic!

Sorry for double posting so much. Got the next experiment going. I made some bourbon maple toasted pecans and threw them in with the hickory stick stout I got from Hello. Just hoping I didn't over toast it all and get too much burn out of it. Let you all know soon.
View attachment 319440

Really, you don't have to apologize. That sounds insane.

How do I get on the list?

Back