The Big Box of Yum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a bottle or two of 2011 John Courage RIS in my fridge. Any requests for Randall action shots for today or tomorrow?

This treat right here, pecan-crusted mojito bars...

NUyttbnh.jpg

So I'm not sure this was the best idea, but my daughter brought home this gingerbread house so I figured I'd throw a hunk in the RJ with a blackout and see what happens
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1450153548.704062.jpg
Looks innocent enough
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1450153571.671204.jpg
So festive!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1450153593.939489.jpg
Cheers!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1450153633.441696.jpg
Uhhhh, where'd this pellicle come from!?

Actually not the worst, but that starlight mint kinda took over. That mint that was stuck to a blanket in the backseat when we brought the gingerbread house home...

So I'm not sure this was the best idea, but my daughter brought home this gingerbread house so I figured I'd throw a hunk in the RJ with a blackout and see what happens
View attachment 322842
Looks innocent enough
View attachment 322843
So festive!
View attachment 322844
Cheers!

View attachment 322845
Uhhhh, where'd this pellicle come from!?

Actually not the worst, but that starlight mint kinda took over. That mint that was stuck to a blanket in the backseat when we brought the gingerbread house home...

Lol certainly festive! I dunno what it is about mint, but even a little bit will take over the drivers seat when.it comes to combos.

Especially peppermint. Normal mint isn't quite as bad (but can give a touch more chemical aftertaste)

How long did you let the gingerbread sit in secondary to get that pellicle DrPhunk?

Especially peppermint. Normal mint isn't quite as bad (but can give a touch more chemical aftertaste)

How long did you let the gingerbread sit in secondary to get that pellicle DrPhunk?

Think it may of been cinnamon and not pellicle? Maybe with the mint it's the oils that coat everything. I have a small hater of peppermint oil that spilled a little in the cabinet, four months later it still has an over powering aroma.

Mallow didn't come through at all, but the orange is there in spades. Chocolate as.it warms. Maybe toasting the marshmallow will make it more pronounced

Great idea. Thread starter should update post #1 with the current location of the BBoY!

aw man, com'on, more work for me? sheesh

:ban:

Sure thing, I can do that...put all the pressure on the current owner lol
With the holidays going on I was certain it would be a bit of time for another box to go out. I'm sure this will be out after the holidays and it isn't dead, just in turkey and present induced coma.

I've got the BBOY, and as Duffman stated it'll be heading back out on it's journey soon. Just been enjoying the holidaze with this bad boy :)

Sorry guys, still in a deep freeze here. Have a hi temp of -1 this weekend. Box will proceed as soon as it can

Tastes like candy, really. A tad bit too much cinnamon, maybe I'd omit it next time. That's the most coconut forward beer I've ever had lol

Back