the best homebrew video ever!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stimon - all of us at my brewclub have been watching your Youtube Video and I see that you are planning to join Homebrewtalk. If you are visiting Vancouver BC in Canada in the next while be sure to include the last Thursday of the month - you are invited to come to one of our meetings
:rockin:

Hi giligson,
thanks for the invite, I will keep that in mind!
-m-

The legend arrives, welcome to HBT.

I think this is pretty telling as to how we feel about it:

Capture.JPG

My boss at work brews too. He is a firm believer that brews taste better when music is being blasted in the process. Black Pilsner. Death metal. This guy knows what he's doing.

I suspect this may go viral.

My boss at work brews too. He is a firm believer that brews taste better when music is being blasted in the process. Black Pilsner. Death metal. This guy knows what he's doing.

I suspect this may go viral.

Are you new here? That video went from a few hundred views to more than 15,000 in literally a week. Given the proportion of homebrewers compared to the rest of the population, I think that qualifies as "viral".

Why yes, I am sort of new. So nice of you to notice!

By viral I meant millions. 15k views is braggable, but not viral. This guy has a great personality, and judging off the memes already displayed on other parts of the forum, I'd say that's just the beginning.

Looking forward to seeing more vids, for sure!

Howdy folks.

Thanks for all the positive comments, and thanks for leading me into this forum.

As you probably know, I built up my brewery based on instructions on http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/

I owe those guys a lot.

Anyway, you guys have inspired me to make another video.

Cheers,

:mug:

AMAZING!! So glad you found this forum and the forum found you. Looking forward to another kick ass video.
BOOM!!!

Welcome Stian,
Really enjoyed your video and home brewing enthusiasm.

I purchased you a complementary Supporting Membership as a token of my appreciation and the great bunch of folks here who have helped me tirelessly. You're one of us now.

The first year is on me . . . . . . .BOOM!

Psst . . . . . .
It will cost you some recipes and more video posting. :rockin:

If my feet ever land in Oslo, I know who I'm visiting first!

'da Kid

P.S. make sure you reply to Austin's email. I want to see an HBT sticker on that equipment!

Welcome Stian,

I purchased you a complementary Supporting Membership as a token of my appreciation and the great bunch of folks here who have helped me tirelessly.

The first year is on us . . . . . . .BOOM!

Psst . . . . . .

I know who I'm visiting first if my feet ever land in Oslo!

'da Kid

Damn nice of you!:mug:

Welcome Stian,

I purchased you a complementary Supporting Membership as a token of my appreciation and the great bunch of folks here who have helped me tirelessly. You're one of us now.

Psst . . . . . .

If my feet ever land in Oslo, I know I'm visiting first!

'da Kid

P.S. make sure you reply to Austin's email. I want to see an HBT sticker on that equipment!

This is why this is the best online community to be found. I'm not even sure "BOOM" can express the awesome generosity you have just shown.

Brewed my IPA today! It went "BOOM!" eight times. Really, I said it out loud. For those that haven't done it, try it next time you are brewing. It feels good.

Welcome Stian,

Psst . . . . . .

If my feet ever land in Oslo, I know who I'm visiting first!

'da Kid

Wow.. Thanks a bunch 10mmKid, that is very generous of you!
I will do my best to be worthy of your generosity.
Already got an idea for my next video. But it will take some time before it will be ready. In the meantime, I will visit the forum and engage with members on a regular basis.
Of course, you are all welcome to meet for a beer and some homebrew talk if you should be in Oslo.

Welcome @Mongster !! Really glad to have you on HBT. Looking forward to your next video. Very nice setup you have there.

I wonder if this is where the inspiration for Lord Hobos Boomsauce IPA came from

Howdy folks.
Thanks for all the positive comments, and thanks for leading me into this forum.
As you probably know, I built up my brewery based on instructions on http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/
I owe those guys a lot.

Cheers,

WELCOME!!! BOOOOOOOM :rockin::rockin::rockin:

Great video....... well done Mongster !

After that one these 2 guys came on and another great brewing video for the new comers, manskirtbrewing.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who ever watches this video, will from here on after, smile and go "Boom!" with every hop addition for every batch they brew.

I need it to warm up here so I can brew again. You know I'll be smiling and saying Boom! with every hop addition :rockin:

That video wins the award for the humor catagory....

This is the one you are talking about.

The video in the OP is at least done by someone that actually knows what he is doing, but with a off beat style. We all are going to say BOOM when we add our hops.

We won't try to emulate this guy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kJocMX7Ex-Y

I want to kick that guys a**. He is annoying on a whole new level.

Wow.. Thanks a bunch 10mmKid, that is very generous of you!
I will do my best to be worthy of your generosity.
Already got an idea for my next video. But it will take some time before it will be ready. In the meantime, I will visit the forum and engage with members on a regular basis.
Of course, you are all welcome to meet for a beer and some homebrew talk if you should be in Oslo.

First off Mongster, let me say welcome! I'm relatively a newcomer here too but I enjoyed your video immensely! I look forward to seeing more from you.

Secondly, I HAVE to know where you got the jacket you're wearing in the video! Seriously my wife would go insane if I brought that home, she loves skulls on anything.

Thanks for joining! :rockin:

This guy is awesome!

Really cool setup, and I love the death metal soundtrack for the black malt addition

Howdy folks.
I owe those guys a lot.

Cheers,
Welcome to the forum Mongster! Glad to see you here, I really enjoyed your video, and I love your brewery - If I had that brewery at my place and you had a feather in your ear, we'd both be tickled :) :D! LOL
Can't wait for your next video :mug:

In Swedish and Danish, it's "skål". I'm guessing it's still the same spelling in Norwegian (if we're right in thinking Mongster is Norwegian), since all three languages are close cousins. I definitely don't hear him using an "ö".

Anyway, there's your pedantic Swedish lecture for the day.

Edit: "ö" isn't even a letter in the Norwegian language. It would be "ø". Pedantic Swedish lecture Part II.

Back