The best fridge for a good-sized kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skillafizer

Goibhniu's Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to start a kegerator build because the pre-made ones are way over budget. Someone directed me to a post about the Frigidaire FRC445GB model mini-fridge, but I can't find that for sale anywhere anymore. So I'm looking for suggestions of what you think the best currently sold fridge is for a home build. The aforementioned fridge was appealing to me because threads about it seem to agree it could fit 2 5-gallon cornies and even a 3-gallon one as well if the CO2 tank is externally mounted. I would like to do something similar if possible.

Your best bet is a small 5 cu freezer it will hold 2 kegs and the tank. You will need a tempature controller and maybe a couple of 2x6s. Craiglist has these small freezers for sale all day at 50 dollars. :)

I agree with ChelisHubby, Craiglist is your friend. Do really general searches like freezer or refrigerator or something like that. It can take a while. I took me weeks of searching to finally get the freezer I wanted for the price I wanted. 20cuft for 200. Also if you want something really specific it takes longer.

One of these would work.
http://columbus.craigslist.org/app/5063312897.html

The problem is that I don't really have the space for a keezer, even a small one. The space I'll be fitting it in is tight, making a kegerator fit snugly but wouldn't really work for anything larger than the typical mini-fridge size. Basically, I'm looking for an easy enough to find model of mini-fridge I could buy used or new somewhere that will definitely fit 2 5-gallon cornies, and if possible, a 3-gallon on the hump.

Back