Thant Sam Adams commercial "Skunky"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomlivings

Reaction score
Doesnt it just kind of annoy you that the Sam Adams commercial thats on tv right now says: "Ever had a skunky beer?"
WTF, I dont know, I already know I sound like an anal ***** just to even raise the issue, but it sounds like they watered down the description "Skunked" by committee. I can see the ad agency boardroom discussion; "'my beer is skunked', no, I think our demographic would not appreciate the possible marijuhana reference and our potential market share like their words to end in a 'y'. Lets go with 'skunk-y'. Do I hear a whoop-high five people?..."

I dont know why it annoys me. My wife could cheat on me and it wouldnt annoy me. Im the most difficult to annoy person ever. But there's something so f**king smarmy about the way the prick on the voice-over says it. "Ever had a skunky beer?"...meh.
Rant over. Im drunk.

Not everyone is a brewer or in to beer and don't know that "skunked" is a common term in the industry. They do know that their Heineken, Corona, Yuengling, etc tasted "kind of skunky" though.

haha, I should keep my silly tyiping to myself. Problem is I made a "Strong Belgian Ale" and Im the only one here to drink it. And damn its good.

Back