Thanks........i think

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOWEYWACKER

Reaction score
So, I've seen some threads on here where people post funny things other people say about beer, displaying the fact that they don't really know anything about beer. Lets get a thread started where you post compliments you've received from others who tried your beer, but it wasn't really a compliment at all. This has happened to me on occasion, one being just last night. I'll start....

Last night, a bunch of people were drinking several different beers I had made, all of which I'm quite proud of. I offered a small glass of my sweet brown ale to a lady, and after she tasted it she said "Wow, that's good! It tastes like the Coors Light of brown beers! Can I have some more?" I politely said "sure", and "thank you", then walked away quietly and defeated. My wife glanced at me with a little grin on her face, knowing what I was thinking...

So, come on people. Make me feel better about myself. Post your "Thanks.....i think".

My Dad, "This tastes just like something from Leinenkugels ".

Or, from someone tasting Centennial Blonde,"It's not bad, but it is pretty bitter".

On the other hand, my daughter described this year's Pumpkin Wheat as "the essence of fall in a bottle". One compliment like that makes up for every other well meaning comment people might make.

most people think homebrew is crap for some reason. So whenever somebody tries my beer and it taste better then BMC, they tell me they would buy it from me!! i then have to explain to them the government is looking out for them and has there best intentions in mind... (ya right)..

Oddly, mine is a "THIS IS GOOD, TASTES LIKE GUINNESS!!" also.

Mine was about a very flavorful sweet and roasty stout I did. It doesn't help that I am in posession of the knowledge that Guinness SUCKS.

Oddly, mine is a "THIS IS GOOD, TASTES LIKE GUINNESS!!" also.

Mine was about a very flavorful sweet and roasty stout I did. It doesn't help that I am in posession of the knowledge that Guinness SUCKS.

cheesydemon, have you ever had Guinness from Ireland or anywhere in Europe for that matter? It tastes outstanding, as it is fresh! Sounds like a compliment to me.

My Scottish Export 80 Shilling got the 'compliment' that it tasted like Falcon Bayerskt, it's a tastless, German styled lager made by Carlsberg. Granted, it's not as bad as their other beers... but still.

Back