Thank you, TheJadedDog.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StallionMang

Reaction score
for a great recipe!

I made the All Amarillo IPA (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=28517), and it turned out great! I let some of my co-workers taste it, and they all loved it! In fact, one of the managers in my company (who has a background in homebrewing) remarked that the beer was worthy of the label on the bottle; the bottle I had given him had a Dogfish Head label on it. So I was quite flattered.

I followed your recipe, but I used a 3 gallon boil volume, and I added 4 of the 7 lbs DME with 5 min. left in the boil.

Great taste! Hoppy, but not ridiculously hoppy. Absolutely perfect.

Thanks again!

Oh, and one other minor deviation:

I used Safale S-04 instead of the Safale-05

This was simply because my LHBS didn't have 05. The S-04 is quite aggressive. I had to take the airlock out of the fermenter because wort was getting pushed out through it.

I'm glad you liked it and thanks for the post!

This is one of the best recipes I have put together in my short brewing career, I plan to make it again this summer but this time I am going to dry hop in secondary and see how that changes things.

Back