Terra Incognita - new label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riromero

Reaction score
Comments please. My main concerns...

1) Title font color: to hard to read?
2) "Dry Hopped" text: too much?
3) Leather background texture: tone it down?

TIncog_v2.jpg

I really like it! I would move the "Dry Hopped" over to where the ingredients are listed. It looks too gimmicky like "As Seen on TV".

NOW WITH MORE HOPS, EVEN AFTER FERMENTING.

i do like the whole paragraph about yeast settling out of solution in cold temps though :)

Since you arn't trying to sell this (I am assuming) I would take the Dry Hopped out. I think it looks like something BMC would do to pull someone in. Maybe note that with the ingredients, or make it more subtle.

Other than that, it is a really great label, and looks worthy of a commercial brew. ONTOH the Dry Hopped! adds to the authenticity of looking like a commercial beer if that is what you are going for.

Looks really good. I also would move/remove the 'Dry Hopped' lettering. Also, I really like the background texture. The lettering for the name is slightly difficult to read, I wonder if you angled the words from bottom left to top right (once you removed the 'Dry Hopped' letters) you could either spread the letters a little more or make the font larger. Don't know if it would work.

All in all a fantastic label. Good job!

Updated. Consensus seems to be no "Dry Hopped!" - removed. Rotate and expand the title text as suggested by Jmiltime (I think).

TIncog_v3.jpg

Good work... really like it... interesting label but very clean.
Was thinking there needs to be a magnifying glass somewhere for the "incongita" part... like your searching for something. Maybe I'm nuts.

Good work though!

I would have saved the name and the label for a dark beer, probably a RIS or other expedition style beer. I think the name and theme of this label are inconsistent with a house beer, especially a pale ale.

Once again, though, I love the art.

Great label, and I love the modifications on the 2nd version.

What font did you use on the title? It's awesome...

Latest posts

Back