Temperature fluctuates in my apt.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supermoth

Reaction score
I was reading the thread below about the bottle bombs and it got me thinking about the weather in my apartment. It fluctuates a lot this time of year, from 70s in the day to probably 50s at night, and there's not so much I can do about it. I don't have enough beer stockpiled and conditioned to really tell the extent of the problem, if there is one. How do those of you in non-insulated homes deal with this?

I would keep them off the floor a bit and cover them with a blanket to smooth out the temperature fluctuations.

I have the same problem.... it is mostly trying to keep it cool...... it gets real warm in Texas and its getting warmer.. i am making a fermentation chamber with a small fridge plywood some wall foam..... kinda like the son of a fermentation chamber ..... but a lot larger. like 4-5 carboys larger.

If you are worried about it getting too cold, then a small space heater can be placed near your beer to keep temps up at night. They aren't too expensive and you won't have to worry about it getting too cold for your yeast to do their job. Just make sure you turn it off before the temp shoots up in the morning or you will end up with some off flavors in your beer from the higher fermentation temps.

Back