Temperature controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarrodaden

Reaction score
I am looking for simple, even if it means spending a little more money. I do not want to have to wire anything or take my freezer apart to get this project done.

I am looking for a controller for a chest freezer which will allow me to use the freezer as a fermentation chamber or kegerator.

Based upon the other threads, the Johnson A419 controller may be what I am looking for.

My question is very simple. With this controller, I plug the controller into the wall, the freezer into the controller, and stick the probe into the freezer and I am done, right?

This one is a little pricey, but if it does this then this is the one that I need.

My question is very simple. With this controller, I plug the controller into the wall, the freezer into the controller, and stick the probe into the freezer and I am done, right?

You are exactly correct. They also make an analog temp controller that works the same way, and is a bit cheaper.

Best 70 bucks ive ever spent, other than buying a new chest freezer to make it work...lol.. I love my johnson controller, set it and forget it.. Dont look back, just get it.. you will be happy ya did.

Latest posts

Back