Temp Probe wont stick to ss conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GNBRennes

Reaction score
I have a Stout 14.5 Gallon conical. It has a thermowell but I'm only doing a 5 gallon batch right now and the thermowell is just at 5 gallons. I tried to tape the probe to the bottom where the cone starts with a piece of foam to insulate but it wont stick at all. what can I use to get the dang probe to stick on there? I've tried heavy duty ducktape and some other packing tape and they just loose all grip once they touch the stainless steel. Ill tell you this much this is the last 5 gallon batch I'm putting in there though.

I wipe the area on the cold SS with toilet paper to remove as much moisture as i can then use clear hockey tape to attach my probe. I find it works best if you have the probe pointing up and down, then you get maximum surface touching the ss wall.

It usually takes two pieces in an X to get it to stick, but definately not a big deal. Also the tape comes off quite easily afterwards.

Back