temp control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobbyBeer

Reaction score
What is the best device that can handle both my lagering fridge, and my mash tun (immersion circulator)..
I'm trying to put together a good system. And if I could find something that can monitor the temp of my brew and then activate the item attached to it (fridge, heater) in order to stay at a consistent temp, I'd be set.
I know I've seen them, not sure what they're called, who makes them, or where to find one..
Any ideas?

IMO they are separate devices. I'd get a $25 ebay aquarium temp controller (STC-1000) for the lagering fridge and a PID controller like a LOVE device for the mash recirculation. You might be able to use an STC-1000 for mash control, but I've never seen that done, personally.

The stc-1000 looks like a nice device. Can it replace the standard Johnson Controls/Ranco controllers?

I'd consider it an upgrade on the Johnson since it is dual stage. Only thing is it only reads in Celsius.

I bought one for my fermentation chamber and put it in a small box so I could try it out with sous vide cooking. It works great, but I haven't cooked with it yet...

My plan is to mount it right inside the fridge.

Back