Tell me what you think.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niquejim

Burrowing Owl Brewery
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up some new beers today, and I want to see what you think.
How would you rate these to their styles
Original Schlenkerla Rauchbier
Traquir House Ale
Belhaven Scottish Ale
McEwan's Scotch Ale
St. Bernardus Prior 8
Duchese de Bourgogne
St Armand French Country Ale

Since I bought 4 or 6 of each(except the St. Armand) I have some sampling to do over the next few weeks. :ban:

Send hem to me and I wil let you know what I think.

Seriously, I think that sounds like a fantastic line-up. I really like St. B's 12 and don't know the 8

Keep us posted.

the 8 is pretty good, too, but the 12 is better ;)

i think i've had the scotch ale, but i don't recall how it tasted

drink them all tonight and let me know how they are! :p

Yes, drink them all so you can compare them and then recheck you conclusions. The Scottish would be my the one I would be least interested in.

I havn't tried them all yet but I did a side by side of
Traquir House Ale
Belhaven Scottish Ale
McEwan's Scotch Ale
Traquir House is excellent malty and full of flavor.
Belhaven is good though not as good as Traquir not as malty and very drinkable.
McEwans is maltier tan Belhaven but more 1 dimensional IMHO although I would buy it again.

Duchese de Bourgogne
OMG what an outstanding brew.:rockin: There are so many flavor nuances that it is hard to discern individual flavors. Starts sweet and flavorful then slowly changes to sour and dry finish. If it wasn't for the fact that it takes 18 months to brew I would have something like this on hand all the time:)

Traquair House is great. I love the maltiness of Belhaven, though. The duchesse is a fantastic flanders sour...as you found out, very complex and earthy.

Watch out for the Schlenkerla if you've never had Rauchbier before. The first time I had one, I dumped it down the drain. These days my palate is more used to it.

Back