TeensyNet Project Interest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I have a new issue that I am trying to figure out. I pulled my power supply to run the pump for my line cleaner pump. When I put the supply back in my controller the teensynet stats up but after a couple minutes it crashes. I put a backup teensynet in and it does the same thing. Could this be an issue with power fluctuations?

Ok so I have a new issue that I am trying to figure out. I pulled my power supply to run the pump for my line cleaner pump. When I put the supply back in my controller the teensynet stats up but after a couple minutes it crashes. I put a backup teensynet in and it does the same thing. Could this be an issue with power fluctuations?

"It crashes" is not a very helpful description. Does it stop responding to UDP requests, etc. A better description of the problem helps. If nothing else has changed except the power supply (removed / replaced) that would be my first suspect.

If you have an oscilloscope, it might be worthwhile to look at the supply line. The Teensy3.x board is not very tolerant of voltage spikes.

It stops working the light on the teensy stops flickering and the pi says it's offline

have you uploaded code to the teensynet lately?

Do you have an LCD or display connected?

Try connecting the Teensy3.x to your computer via the USB cable that you would normally use to download new code to the TeensyNet.

Open the serial monitor on the IDE, and reset the teensynet. The serial monitor should give some power up info.

It's been more than a year and a half since anything has been posted to this page...

I've suspended work on this project, but left the website up for reference.

I'm still using the Teensynet for my own use, and since it ain't broken, I'm not trying to fix it.

I'm still willing to help with any questions, as long as you're willing to wait for me to work on the answers.

It's been fun.

I halted development on the TeensyNet project some time ago, but left the website up for reference.
There has been little activity on the site, and the domain name is set to expire in the near future, so I've decided not to renew the domain.

Thanks to all here that had an interest.

Back