Tasting My First Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LawnMower

Reaction score
Hey All,
I brewed NB's Irish Red extract kit as my first batch. (2 weeks primary, 2 weeks secondary, 3 weeks in the bottle). I threw a bottle in this morning and finally tasted it (9 hours in the fridge). I'm happy to report my first batch was a success except for maybe the color being a bit off (darker brown as opposed to red). I know that waiting longer for the bottles to cold condition is supposed to be beneficial to the carbonation but I felt for a first time brewer I exercised quite a bit of patience :cross: so I went ahead and tried it.

Overall, its malty and well balanced. A great session beer for St. Patty's day coming up. :mug:

Just wanted to thank everyone for their posts and input to make my first batch a delicious success! I have since brewed another batch (NB White House Honey Ale kit), making small improvements along the way (late extract addition, ferm temp control). Can't wait to see how my next batch improves!

Back