tasted my Porter-1st brew in 40 yrs...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbgv

Reaction score
I couldn'y wait any longer..last night I tried my NB-St.Paul Porter..It had only been bottled for 2 weeks..carbonation a bit low[I like low carbed beer]..great lasting head..about all I can really say is ...WOW !!..great tasting..smooth,nice malt flavor with just enough hop flavor in the after taste..can't wait to try my Irish Red Ale[It will be bottled on Monday..]..I can already see that this[home brewing] is very addictive..the only bad part is the wait !

'never put your life in peril-death cuts into your brewing time'

As in, this was your first homebrew in 40 years...or your first beer in 40 years? Either way, hats off to you, sir.

the last time I brewed beer was in 1968...methods were very primitive..didn't know anything about what I was doing....every bottle blew the necks clean off !!...Blue Ribbon malt,sugar bread yeast and an oz of hops[picked up at local drug store]...bottled way too soon[parents coming home from vacation]

Man, that was back in the underground days. Glad the second attempt worked out in your favor.:rockin:

Illegal...??..I thought it was only illegal if you got caught..I think if I listen real closely,I can still hear the tinkle of glass..

'the only true wisdon is in knowing that you know nothing'

Right on man, welcome back. I don't doubt there were a few more "illegal" practices you had back in '68. Homebrewing was likley a minor offense compared to others.

Back