Taplist & Bottle Menu

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussPDX

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place for this so let me know if there is a better area.

I want to put up a digital tap board. I use a Raspi 2 for my brewpi setup and my keezer is right near my chamber, so of course, why not use the pi for that too?

I also have a cellar fridge for bottles that I collect from my travels around the country or from Homebrew that I might like to age for a bit.

I am looking for an app that I can use not just as a taplist (3 current taps, although likely to add a few more) but also to track bottle inventory. My beer is all in the garage, so being able to use a tablet as a menu to show someone in the living room their options would be great and then I am going to configure a second screen over the keezer with a motion sensor to turn on when approached.

Anyone know of a platform that handles both taps and bottles? All I can find is taps like on Raspberry pints. I have to imagine I am not the only one with this desire.

-Russ

Spreadsheets don't have cool graphics or need a web server!

I could just go buy beer too, but we are Homebrewers! We do it better (and more complicated)!

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

I put together a quick taplist.io board last night, but it does not have bottle functionality. I found a few bottle cellar programs like CellerHQ, but I really wanted something that was a single interface for both.

I stumbled across Kegerface which has some promise but looks like it would need a little refinement and I don't code, which means it would cost me a bit of homebrew and begging a friend to do it for me. I don't mind giving up the homebrew, but friend lead times are often VERY LONG :)

So you want it to say or Indicate Specfically it is a Keg or Bottle? (Just Realized, Do You Want it to track how many Bottles you have also?)
I don't see why You can't use it...I don't have a system put together, none of my Taps actually exist at this point...My Fictional Kegs use Lables from Beerlabelizer...My Fictional Commercial Bottled Beers uses a picture of the product.

It is easy to upload a picture...
I would say
If it is on Keg ...use a Keg as the picture
If it is in a Bottle...use a bottle.

For Commercial Beers it is easy to use the Data base to select any Beer on Untapped...

John Paul, I guess I could add bottles in the way that you indicate although Taplist.io does have a limit on the number of taps which I would have to ask to be increased. I can have 15 or 20 easily at any one time.

Not sure how you are using a data base connected to untapped with taplist.......I don't see that functionality.

John Paul, I guess I could add bottles in the way that you indicate although Taplist.io does have a limit on the number of taps which I would have to ask to be increased. I can have 15 or 20 easily at any one time.

Not sure how you are using a data base connected to untapped with taplist.......I don't see that functionality.

I currently have 15 Fiction Beers on Tap

Here you go... selection
Use the "from Existing Beverage"
When you start to Type (in this case I used "BOU") a List Will appear matching and you can select or enter an actual full name.
I now have a fictional Keg of Goose Island Bourbon County on Tap....
Free Pints for everyone

Taplist IO Adding a Keg 0001.PNG

Taplist IO Adding a Keg 0002.PNG

Taplist IO Adding a Keg 0003.PNG

Taplist IO Adding a Keg 0004.PNG

Not Anymore I have 30 something Taps...20 Something Beers Tapped

So I ended up using "Beer Cellar List" which makes it easy to update via bar code from my phone and then I can publish a list which is accessible from my website. I am using Taplist.io for the kegs only.

Not the end all be all solution, but for now it works. If anyone is interested you can see it here. http://www.ironmtnbrew.com

These days any smartphone camera will act as a barcode scanner and the scanner app is free. If you don't have a smartphone....well you are probably smarter than I am and care less about having cool homebrew related techy things anyway :)

These days any smartphone camera will act as a barcode scanner and the scanner app is free. If you don't have a smartphone....well you are probably smarter than I am and care less about having cool homebrew related techy things anyway :)

$25 Prepaid AT&T....No Data plan...love the simple life...
I buy brewania instead of Techy thingies....
Like my newest Tap Handel from Belching Beaver :)

Hey gang! Mikey from Taplist.io, just stumbled on this thread.. Bottle support has been requested by a few folks, so I'll give it a bump on the (ever growing!) todo list.

It was a little funny, a month or two back I saw someone set up an account with 20 or 30 great "taps" of tasty brews, and I reached out to ask where this amazing bar was. Turns out it was someone doing exactly what you suggested John — creating a "tap" per bottle. Aside from the "tap" nomenclature in the dashboard, it seems to work well. Cheers!

Back