Tapcooler thread size question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seilenos

Reaction score
Anyone know what the threading is for the beer-in fitting on the top of the tapcooler?

I have a 1/4" flare to 1/4" flare extension hose that I use for transfers from my intertaps (using the ball lock spout) and if I can get a male flare to that threading I'd have an extension for it.

EDIT: Asking here because the Tapcooler is on its way and I don't have it in hand to measure myself just yet.

Wishing I would have done this research before I put the order in because finding a M10X1Male to UNF 7/16-20 Male (in stainless no less) is proving difficult.
I can find one that that goes to female but then I'd have to have another MFL-MFL adapter which seems like I am adding complexity for no good reason.

I got the bundle Tapcooler (for canning) which came with everything to go right to one of my kegs. One and done. ;)
Since I'm canning entire kegs, not off tap, it makes things easy. Right now we're working our way through the first 6 gallon keg of my IPA and three gallon keg of my first stout (chocolate stout) this way. I already like the Tapcooler better than using the Beer Gun.

I would suggest doing a test with the purge and relief valve setting before you start filling from it. I had trouble first canning session because the instructions had NO indication as to what to do with the relief fitting. Later that evening, I did a test and figured it out. Out is open. Seems logical, but you never really know with some things. It all depends on how it was made.

If you have any friends with a lathe, see if they'll make you the fitting you need. Trade for some beer. ;)

Back