Tap tower in new kitchen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homer

Reaction score
Been searching around, but wanted some more current advise/comments. We are having our kitchen renovated and on one of the walls I am putting a small wet bar area. I am basically going to have a 36 in sink base cabinet with a small sink and a 3 faucet tap tower next to it (2 beer, 1 soda water) and a keezer directly below in the basement. Looking for some suggestions or warnings on what I'm about to do.

I'm looking for suggestions on a good tap tower, that is less than 14 inches tall, since the cabinets above will be 18 inches up, and probably 3 inches in diameter. I will probably just do a bar mat under it, since I don't want to have to drill too many holes in the new granite. Do they make any drip trays with rear exit drains?

I tried to attach an image, but its my first time. If you can see it, I plan on using a smaller sink than in the drawing, and moving it left a little, then putting the tap tower to the right of it.

KITCHEN VIEW 3_1.jpg

I design kitchens at work, let me know if you want a second set of eyes.

When I ever end up getting a home, I'm planning on putting a kegerator with a drip tray in the corner cabinet. Depending on your layout you should be able to fit ~6-8 kegs in the corner. It'll use the space up way more effectively than any storage cabinet solution, those carousels / lazy susans waste so much space.

Back