Tap handle project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donthoseme

Reaction score
Ok so it's been a while in the making but after a few coats of varnish and some polyurithane i finally got a decent looking set of tap handles.

DSC_0372.JPG

There's the staining.

DSC_0376.JPG

There they are countersunk and screwed togeather. I'll be adding brass plates on the top and bottom that will hold in the lable with a protective plastic sheet.

Now if i can only figgure out how to drill the bottom straight for the ferral without using a drill press.

lookin good. Where'd you get the wood for those handles?

As for the drilling, hold the handle with a vice and start with a small drill bit to create a guide hole.. then work your way up to the bigger size for the handle insert.

Damn thats a great idea boogyman! I appreciate that. I'll try that rather than eyeballing it like i did last time. That tap handle is a little of kilter.

I used stairway bannisters from home depot. I just cut them in half and used the bottom side. The top part is from Micheals (i do math not spelling).

Let me know how you are going to sink the nuts in the bottom. I've has trouble with this in the past and am curious how yours works out.

Back