Tamarind Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voltron

Reaction score
I dont work tommorow so decided to grab an experimental from the dungeon. Last year in jan i ran a ton of different one gallon batches of experimentals that i did inmate style and bottled into recycled beer bottles and just let age to try at a future day. Today I found tamarind wine in my dungeon. About two years ago i was at the store with a female friend and she saw a drink by jumex called tamarind and say wouldnt it be nice to make a tamarind wine. Not knowing how it will taste i grab a few can and made it it inmate style in a 64oz bottle. added some fleischmans bread yeast (in case you are wondering why, its bc i have a ton of bread yeast that woild go to waste so i just use them for experimental inmate style brews, if it turns out good i know i can make a five gallon batch traditional methob with wine yeast) Anyway i have one bottle from the inmate batch so its been aged about a year and several months. and it has cleared nicely (wish i had a better camera on its own anyway time to taste aged inmate brew.. With inmate style brewing you never know so wish me luck :mug:

IMG_7720.JPG

IMG_7719.jpg

Looks good. What does it taste like???

It was good . Not your traditional wine feel, more like a non carbonated cider. But this is one of two seperate batches. This was the first inmate style, but since it turned out nicely, i had decided to run a seperate batch traditional style using lavlin ec1118, nutrients some tannin etc. . Taste wise there was a big difference between traditonal methib and inmate style. The inmate style was sweeter than the traditional method. The abv was about 6 for the inmate. The tradional method gave me 13 abv and a hint of sweetness. Personally i like the traditonal method better and will be running a one gallon batch for myself. Friends of my in the area have a sweet tooth for some reason, and they liked the inmate version better.

Yeah, ex cons get used to sweeter hooch... ;-) jest jest. I have a mango/gauva jam wine going now. It too is pretty sweet with a nice flavor. It's only a 3 quart batch.

Yeah, ex cons get used to sweeter hooch... ;-) jest jest. I have a mango/gauva jam wine going now. It too is pretty sweet with a nice flavor. It's only a 3 quart batch.

I love jam wine. Purist hate it, but hey my work sends me to places where alcohol is not sold and the only store in the area is a quikymart. Every so often they would bring jams of different flavors and used that as the base to make some nice wine. We even made wine out of jolly ranchers... I wonder if i still have a pict of one i bottled, blue wine.

Back