Taking kegged beer with you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cajun_Tiger33

Reaction score
I know you can use growlers to take kegged beer with you where ever you go. I was wondering if there is anything bigger than a growler that y'all use?

Portable igloo cooler for 2-2.5 gallon kegs.

15672d1274289555-portable-igloo-cooler-kegerator-dsc00841.jpg

Corney keg, kitchen trash barrel, one of my CO2 tanks & regs with one QD attached, and a picnic tap. Put keg in barrel with a few bags of ice and you're ready to rock.

I did this over the holidays to bring a keg down to my oldest son's place. Worked great!

Cheers!

image-2061674346.jpg

image-433119103.jpg

image-1359788148.jpg

I use this, it's a 5 gallon rolling beverage cooler that I bought at Walmart last summer. What's inside is a 3 gallon corny keg with a paintball co2 tank and regulator on the back. I've detailed it in another thread under DIY.

They're really new on the market. I've been in contests where they've been among the prizes, they're a Michigan based company. But they're just at the stage where folks are just getting their hands on them.

Golddiggie said:
Depending on how many people will be drinking, a 1 gallon corny keg (or Taylor keg) does the job. It fits in a wide range of coolers too.

Where did you get this one? It looks awesome. What do you use for CO2?

Where did you get this one? It looks awesome. What do you use for CO2?

I scored one off of ebay, and then two more from a local guy (he had four, the other two went to another HBT member). I use my Leland regulator and paintball CO2 bottle with it. I've also got one connected to a manifold in the basement, carbonating up (it's cool enough down there to do it up without much pressure).

Only thing you need to do is add the gas fitting on the lid. Simply remove the threaded fitting that it comes with, install a 1/8 NPT to 1/4" MFL fitting, then the corny post adapter and then post and poppet. Done.

Back