Saison Table Saison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Likebull

Reaction score
I have been modifying this recipe for quite some time and I finally came up with something great for summer time. Easy drinking, lots of flavor, and very refreshing.
I feel the 3726 really brings out the maltiness.

72% Efficiency.
BIAB.

6lb. Pilsner
2.5lb. White wheat malt
4.oz. Vienna
4. oz. Aromatic malt
1oz. Willamette 60min. (14.9ibu)
1oz. Saaz 20min. (5.3ibu)
1pkg. Wyeast Farmhouse ale 3726.

145º 40min.
154º 40min.
Boil 80min.
Pitch yeast 72º
Slowly ramp temp up to 86º over a two week period.
Brought down to 70º at bottling

Og. 1.040
Fg. 1.004
90% attenuation
4.7%abv.

I've been looking for something like this, and I have all the ingredients (except I have Sterling hops instead of Saaz)

Belle Saison probably attenuates too much, right? Do you think this might be a good recipe to experiment with K1V-1116 wine yeast?

You will be fine using Sterling hops. Just make sure to keep it around 20ibu's.

And I would personally stick with the DuPont if that's all you can get. The higher mash temp. should help it from going down to far.
Even if it comes out a little dry, it's a Saison. Don't stress.
I've used DuPont on a similar recipe and it finished at 1.001. Still had a little bit of sweetness and body. The aromatic help a lot with that on my opinion.

it is a shame you cant get the 3726. I really feel like it plays well in this recipe.

Maybe I can; I don't know. :) I will have to check the liquor store that sometimes stocks liquid yeast.
I have packets of Belle Saison, T-58, and K1V-1116 (a "killer" wine yeast that can break down maltotriose) already.

I would stick with Belle for sure. you'll be happy with the outcome

Omega's Saisonstein crossbreed (French/Belgian hybrid) is another option - my last saison came in at 1.000 - talk about dry. Motukea would also work for hops.

Back