Syracuse Area Brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

wetarded1

Reaction score
I use Jerome Fire up in Clay. They don't do tank swaps and they fill onsite so you are not waiting for your tank to get returned. There price last time I went was 11 bucks for 5lb tank.

BargainMugs

Reaction score
The Galeville Bryne Dairy has a couple Bruery sour beers and in the past I've seen some Cantillon at the Finger Lakes Beverage Center in Ithaca.

Andrew862

Reaction score
Are there any locations that can fill a co2 tank on the weekend? All the places I looked up are only M-F hours.

samandbekah

Reaction score
Are there any locations that can fill a co2 tank on the weekend? All the places I looked up are only M-F hours.
You can try Brown Carbonic in East Syracuse off of 298... they might be an option... They are pretty good regardless - last time I had mine filled, they let me drop it off before work in the AM and I picked it up at lunch. They don't open till 8 am but they usually have the receptionist there by 730/745... Hope that helps

brent3535

Reaction score
I use Jerome Fire up in Clay. They don't do tank swaps and they fill onsite so you are not waiting for your tank to get returned. There price last time I went was 11 bucks for 5lb tank.
Looking to start kegging and curious what my options are as far as buying/swapping tanks. Are there any places in the area that do tank swaps?

joehoppy

Reaction score
Check out Kegconnection.com. Normally I would always try to keep money local but I had been wanting to get into kegging for a while and hesitated a bit only due to initial cost. Then I came across a holiday special that kegconnection was running, for 124.95 you got a used pin lock keg, 4# CO2 tank, 2 gauge regulator, O-ring kit for keg, Gas line and picnic tap! That was a hell of a deal in my opinion so I went for it. Could not be happier! Since then I ordered two more kegs w/ O-rings and gas and liquid lines. So for a grand total of 243.99 I have a complete keg set up with 3 kegs! My local shop was selling a complete kit with 1 keg for $230.95.

wetarded1

Reaction score
Looking to start kegging and curious what my options are as far as buying/swapping tanks. Are there any places in the area that do tank swaps?
I think Sunset on Erie does swaps. They run decent size tanks too. My tank came with the fridge and I didn't want to swap my nice shiny aluminum tank for some beat up looking thing. That is why I went to Jerome.

dummybrewman

Reaction score
Yeah, plus sunset is super expensive for just about anything. Thanks joehoppy, I'll definitely do that. Best deal I've seen as well, I was hoping for an even better deal.

gcdowd

Reaction score
Brown Carbonic has a 16 dollar, 10# fill and they'll keep your tank for you. They are great, and I highly recommend

samandbekah

Reaction score
Brown Carbonic has a 16 dollar, 10# fill and they'll keep your tank for you. They are great, and I highly recommend
Yeah I second that, they are very good and you can even drop off earlier in the day before they open for any other 8 to 5'ers

Charles Shyne

Reaction score
i would love to join someone in the syracuse/cicero area for a brew day to learn some !

Charles Shyne

Reaction score
Definitely thinking about that... was told about it recently. Going to hafners tonight for meet and greet for the Syracuse craft beer enthusiasts facebook group

Dave T

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi - just started brewing, haven’t even opened a bottle yet, one batch in fermenter, one in bottles. I’d like to say I’m hooked, but I’ve been known to get into hobbies, spend a ton, go balls out for a bit, then fade over time. But then again, this is the first one that gives me beer at the end...

Anyhow - Liverpool native, Va Beach for 23 years (Navy), some time in FL, Guam. Now living in Hastings.

mzukovsky

Reaction score
Northern Cayuga County here... been homebrewing for about 8 years now. Not much of a technology person so I haven’t posted much on forums. Interested in a local home brew club however.

Latest posts