SWMBO Put My Beer In Her Laundry Basket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbambuti

Reaction score
I love my swmbo, and she totally supports my brewing hobby/obsession. She's working hard to understand all the parts of the process. However,.....

tonight she was going to the basement and I asked her if she could bring up a bottle of my DIPA from the beer fridge. She came up with a full basket of laundry and I asked her if she'd remembered my beer. She took off a bunch of laundry fresh out of the dryer, pulled my beer, sitting sideways, out of the middle and said, "I hope you enjoy it!" I thanked her and then went down to the basement to put it back in the beer fridge.

Good man! She did you a favor, did it happily and (she thought) did it right. Best thing you can do is fix it yourself, not hurt her feelings and in the future try to find a casual way to teach her about how to handle homebrewed beer. If you tried to point out what she did wrong right then, you'd be fetching your own beer from then on and could have sewed resistance to the hobby itself.

Well how else was she supposed to carry it? If I got a basket full of laundry anything else that's coming up from the basement is going in the basket. I've have just drank it anyway, but that's just me. I don't mind yeast at all, and since I'm lazy and leave it in primary for a looong time I rarely have more than a light dusting of yeast on the bottom of bottles.

I think I would say thankyou, drink it, and be fortunate that she would do it for you. It's also great that she doesn't mind your hobby.

Geez, all it would have needed was a few minutes upright to settle back down...

It's going to have a hellova lot less agitation then driving from a beerstore in your car with a sixer. Getover it.

Some guys. I tell you, at least you have someone who cares enough to get you your beer. :rolleyes:

It's going to have a hellova lot less agitation then driving from a beerstore in your car with a sixer. Getover it.

Some guys. I tell you, at least you have someone who cares enough to get you your beer. :rolleyes:

It's futile Reverend. This is the kinda guy that'd complain she'd warmed his beer up by serving it to him from betwixt her breastages.

It's futile Reverend. This is the kinda guy that'd complain she'd warmed his beer up by serving it to him from betwixt her breastages.

Yeah like those guys who complain at the beer store when the hot cica behind the counter turns the sixer on the side to scan the bar code on the bottom, like I said as if the car ride isn't going to shakes things up as it is.

;)

I did get over it. Thought the yeast might take longer to settle out. I very much appreciate my lovely SWMBO every day.

Actually, I'd appreciate it. Not sure how you might know what kind of guy I am.

Yeah like those guys who complain at the beer store when the hot cica behind the counter turns the sixer on the side to scan the bar code on the bottom, like I said as if the car ride isn't going to shakes things up as it is.

;)
I would never do this.

Thanks for the ribbing. :mug:

I did get over it. Thought the yeast might take longer to settle out. I very much appreciate my lovely SWMBO every day.

Actually, I'd appreciate it. Not sure how you might know what kind of guy I am.

I would never do this.

Thanks for the ribbing. :mug:

DEFINITELY should run for office.

jbambuti FTMFW!

After thanking her, I probably would have tried to explain to my SWMBO why what she did was the incorrect way to do it (as nicely as possible) so that in the future it wouldn't occur. I'd have still drunk it though... :)

Maybe try teaching her how to pour a beer without disturbing the yeast and see if she is able to abstract that to not stirring up yeast in general.

My original post was tongue in cheek, as I was amused. I thought that was conveyed, but apparently not. I was laughing about it and thought others might be amused.

My original post was tongue in cheek, as I was amused. I thought that was conveyed, but apparently not. I was laughing about it and thought others might be amused.

Psh, it was terribly funny and cute. It's not like you over-reacted or reacted in a negative way at all lol. I would have done the same thing, being tempted to explain to her why that's not the best way to handle the bottle, but I think it's much better that you just thanked her for it. Making someone feel good/happy is a two way street: doing the action and getting positive feedback. If you buy/make someone an expensive dinner to make them happy, you may be thinking it is kind of a shame to throw away all that money when you could be saving it for something else.. but then it would ruin everything for both people to bring it up. Smile and thank the person politely and lovingly, thinking of the intention behind the action. Bringing up the price just throws his/her anticipation of your positive reaction to the "event"/"action" into the trash and you're much further away than neutral. Always remember, it is a two way street.

I'd have smacked her upside the head, told her to get her act together and if she ever mishandled my beer again, that she'd be packing up and finding a new house.

YEAH, that's what I would do!!!!! ;)

True diplomat right there. Bravo.

Lol, any one else think Laundry basket could have been a euphemism? Either way it would have to go back in the fridge...

I was wondering if this was, "I hope you enjoy it!", with hearts and flowers around it or, "I hope you enjoy it!", with skulls and venom dripping off it.

Latest posts

Back